Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Upgrades

Not sure if it's better to post this in the Seat Upgrade Coupon thread or here, but I figured this one's more relevant.

IIRC, usually, if you change an itinerary that's been upgraded using the coupons, you lose them. Does anyone know or have any experience with the latest policy and how it applies to upgrades? Original tickets are GoLight and the upgrades I used had a November 2019 expiration date. I'd hate to lose out on both the coupons and the upgrades when changing flights, or worse, be forced to pay the Business Class fares for the new flights...

Btw, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I used an OTA to book. You have to call Aegean for any changes once you've used the coupons, so I guess the good thing is that I don't have to deal with both the OTA and A3...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:52 am

I had a trip from SKG to DME and back schedule d next week. Both flights were upgraded from economy to business with coupons.

Obviously I changed the dates of th trip to September. There was availability in business class and the same coupons were used on.

The coupons are supposed to expire in July.

Paid only the fare difference.

So if there is availability, the upgrade coupons can be used.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So it looks like that they changed the fare rules for newly sold GoLight tickets to be similar to flex:

5.1 Tickets booked up to 9th of March with travel date up until 30th of April

For GoLight tickets that are booked up until 9th of March with travel date up until 30th of April and new travel date up until 20th of October, one change with no rebooking fee can be made through our through our call center 24/7 at +30 210 6261000 if booked through an AEGEAN or Olympic Air point of sale, or through travel agent if booked through an offline travel agency or an online travel agency. Fare rules apply to all other rebookings.

5.2 Tickets booked from 10th of March up until 31st of March and with no limit to the travel date

For GoLight tickets that are booked during the period 10th of March up until 31st of March, with no limit to the travel date, limitless changes can be made with no rebooking fees and new travel date up to 20th of October. These changes can be made online through our website aegeanair.com and olympicair.com.
Has anybody already tried changing an upgraded flight through the callcenter? Do they still charge the 20 euro fee for that? (I guess not?)

Last edited by Xandrios; Mar 12, 2020 at 3:34 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
So it looks like that they changed the fare rules for newly sold GoLight tickets to be similar to flex:

Has anybody already tried changing an upgraded flight through the callcenter? Do they still charge the 20 euro fee for that? (I guess not?)

I have just now cancelled an upgraded connection flight that had a schedule change on one sector. Aegean refunded the total booking cost and reinstated the two upgrade vouchers used. The bad news, however, is that the refund waiting time is now up to 30 working days (it was 25 two days ago).
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I only got back 70 euros out of 180 euros, and the two vouchers reinstated. Although i have a feeling that the voucher will go to lost this year.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:31 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I can confirm that the online re-booking of P,U,T class tickets without a fee now works fine. I just rescheduled a P class flight from next Tuesday until October. There were no fees and the process took 30 seconds. I was expecting the website to be slow (we all know what Aegean IT can be like) but it's all fine.

Interestingly, it seems to be a blanket waiver on ALL rebooking fees. The rules until yesterday were that flights booked before 10th March could only be changed ONCE for free. After changing my booking to October I went back to see if I could change it again and yes, it can still be done for free.

Being cheeky, I thought I'd also grab a free up-front seat while I was at it, but this doesn't work. All the first 12 rows are greyed out and not even bookable for a fee (and I am the only person who selected a seat on the flight so far). I guess there is uncertainty about what the situation will be and they want to avoid any small changes/refunds (or revenue loss) later a much as possible.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I only got back 70 euros out of 180 euros, and the two vouchers reinstated. Although i have a feeling that the voucher will go to lost this year.
Do you happen to have noticed if that reinstated voucher has the original expiration date?

When I talked to CS yesterday they mentioned that they now, as an exception, allow vouchers to be reinstated after a cancelation. But for me personally most upgraded flights were upgraded with vouchers almost expiring.. Ie they would be invalidated directly if returned to the account with the original exp date..
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:09 am

I have a question: If I rebook a ticket at lower prices, what is happening? Do I get money back?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Don't count on it! And its not fair to the airline that is already going to lose lots of money due to no bookings and cancellations.
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Normally you can only rebook into the same or higher booking class.

So if you hold a U booking, even if P would be available - they would rebook you into U (if available), or, the next fare up that has availability.

If a flight is almost sold out and you change your U ticket, then you may have to pay the fare difference up to, say, Y class. Even if a dirt cheap P fare would be available because somebody canceled their P fare. In such case you may want to just book a new ticket in that P fare bucket..
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:33 pm

So I tried to rebook my flights. I have paid for the flights 68 without the taxes. Tickets are on T and K fares. Before changing them I check the site for the dates I want and I find flights at T and K fares for 68 as fare without taxes. When trying to rebook aegean wants to charge me 10 euros more because of different fare. How can I not rebook a valid and open seat?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Anubis13
So I tried to rebook my flights. I have paid for the flights 68 without the taxes. Tickets are on T and K fares. Before changing them I check the site for the dates I want and I find flights at T and K fares for 68 as fare without taxes. When trying to rebook aegean wants to charge me 10 euros more because of different fare. How can I not rebook a valid and open seat?
Take a screen-shot and post it (hide the booking reference!) - it might be clearer what you mean.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Wow. Aegean won't refund my ticket for cancelled flight

Aegean canceled my flight due to depart on April 18 TBS ATH BRU

Called to ask for a refund since they flight is canceled. They won't issue refund but just a credit for future use.

Is that right?? They canceled the flight. Not me. I don't know when I'd be able to fly with Aegean in the future.

Chargeback?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Take a screen-shot and post it (hide the booking reference!) - it might be clearer what you mean.
I have a round trip ticket GVA-ATH-GVA with booking fares T and K respectively. Before changing the dates, I check the site booking a new ticket for the new dates that I want and I see tickets at the same price and same booking fares(T and K). When I try to rebook my flight aegean tool is giving me on the outbound a different fare S instead of T while remaining on the K ticket for the inbound.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Anubis13
I have a round trip ticket GVA-ATH-GVA with booking fares T and K respectively. Before changing the dates, I check the site booking a new ticket for the new dates that I want and I see tickets at the same price and same booking fares(T and K). When I try to rebook my flight aegean tool is giving me on the outbound a different fare S instead of T while remaining on the K ticket for the inbound.
S is the next booking class up from T. Maybe the seats you saw in T have been taken. And when you check back they might be released again. And taken again.... 1000's of people are re-booking every day and lots of people must be clicking through the screens, selecting flights, pondering... I'd keep trying over the next couple of days. There's no point actually checking for seats on the main booking system and then going to the re-booking page. That page has always shown whatever's actually available, in my experience at least. things should stabilize - I think a LOT more people must be cancelling than booking at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.