Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
The latest announcement...

Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:40 am

My outbound flight in April to ATH was cancelled.
Because it is impossible to get through to any agent, I sent an email asking for changing to dates in June.
The answer „In response to your email ,we would like to inform you that if you wish we can change your ticket +/-10 days from original date, although we would like to mention that no further care can be provided except changing your ticket free of charge.“
Where is this rule +/-10 taken from? I didn’t find anything in T&Cs.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Grigoris
My outbound flight in April to ATH was cancelled.
Because it is impossible to get through to any agent, I sent an email asking for changing to dates in June.
The answer „In response to your email ,we would like to inform you that if you wish we can change your ticket +/-10 days from original date, although we would like to mention that no further care can be provided except changing your ticket free of charge.“
Where is this rule +/-10 taken from? I didn’t find anything in T&Cs.
"Free" change to dates in June means (unless I'm mistaken), that you'd still need to pay for the (possible) fare difference. So my suggestion to simplify everything would be to ask Aegean for a full refund for the cancelled flight and just use that money to book your flights in June or whenever you want...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Free seat selection for all [until 30th April, COVID-19 response]

12. When I made my check-in I was allowed to choose a seat that I should previously have to pay for, what changed?

For all the flights up to 30th of April all the seats are offered with no charge
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I guess this is one way to allow people to sit further away from other passengers.

As of Monday (the 8th) flights at least, I was still seeing A3 asking for €2+ for some seat selection in the main cabin. But the seats from row 15 and back were all free for picking as of at least Saturday (the 7th of March).
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:11 pm

I checked in yesterday evening for a flight tomorrow, seat 3C: free!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Did you get that seat assigned for free, or could you choose to move to that seat for free?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Friend of mine joining me on a trip to CAI with A3 could select his seats (incl extra legroom) for free yesterday. Thats for a flight departing 18MAR.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:13 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am cancelling a trip with A3 taking place tomorrow, as I do not want to take the risk that border entry conditions for German residents to change while I am away. I am trying to get to the Gold line from Germany but I have a recorded message saying the number is disconnected ?! I am calling the Greek number.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am cancelling a trip with A3 taking place tomorrow, as I do not want to take the risk that border entry conditions for German residents to change while I am away. I am trying to get to the Gold line from Germany but I have a recorded message saying the number is disconnected ?! I am calling the Greek number.
HUACA. I guess that this may have to do with the fact that their phone center is overwhelmed right now, and this indirectly affects their gold line too. Yesterday I managed to get to them after successively hanging up and re-calling the gold line three or four times. Once my call finally went through, waiting time was less than 2 minutes.

Not much that can be done about it right now, and I guess the same should be true for most airlines. I have been on the phone with SAS for half an hour trying to reschedule half a dozen flights since the US ban was announced early this morning...

A3 should extend the waiver to online rebookings as well (as SAS just did) in order to ease the load on their phone center. Otherwise it's gonna be hopeless, especially for non-status pax.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:30 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

I tried five times, three different numbers (Gold line, Rebooking center in Greece, German number), none of them go through.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I tried five times, three different numbers (Gold line, Rebooking center in Greece, German number), none of them go through.
I sent a DM on Twitter this morning and they replied within 2 hours offering to cancel the booking, it's probably best to use Twitter at the moment.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:53 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Did that too. No answer yet
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Did you get that seat assigned for free, or could you choose to move to that seat for free?
There was no seat assigned, I chose it myself.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So we are booked LHR-ATH-JTR-FRA. Depart LHR May 1, and Depart JTR May 4th. Do I qualify for a change or a cancellation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.