Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 10, 20, 10:54 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Wiki Link
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Old May 29, 20, 12:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
''which are related to the mandatory adaptation of our future flight scheduling based on the new circumstances'' = gobbledygook
Old May 29, 20, 1:11 am

Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I was booked on FRA-ATH-VIE in late August and just saw that many my booking was altered though I haven't yet received an email from Aegean.
The flights were booked through Expedia (S class) and upgraded using 2 vouchers (I class).
Originally, I was booked on the early FRA-ATH flight which was cancelled so I was put on the late one (6:30pm departure).
The ATH-VIE flight disappeared completely since A3 reduced service to (I think) 3 days/week down from daily.

These flights were supposed to be feeders for VIE-BKK-TPE-SFO (which on the day I'm booked are already zero'd out).
Now I am trying to figure out what to do...
How long does it usually take for A3 to send a notification email after a schedule change/cancellation (fortunately in my years of flying Aegean that has never happened before)?
BTW, on Expedia the booking looks the way it always did w/o any changes.
Arrivals likes this.
Old May 29, 20, 2:42 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Chiller3333 View Post
I was booked in late August and just saw that many my booking was altered though I haven't yet received an email from Aegean.
Hi Chiller!
Thanks for the info! I am affected by these changes as well (mid July booking). Let's see where it goes.
Old May 29, 20, 3:38 am

Unless things have changed due to the virus, changes of any kind are always communicated to the TA the ticket was booked through, in that case, Expedia. The passenger is directly notified only if (s)booked her-/himself. Am I wrong?
Old May 29, 20, 6:10 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *S, AF *S
So - all my flights in July and August are either cancelled or with a 5 hour time change (and changed flight numbers).
No email received yet (despite booking directly with Aegean), but under "Manage my bookings", there is a lot of text in red saying "some segments have been cancelled", "a change has occured", "call our reservation department".

Just wanted to call the Gold line - and was greeted with "the requested subscriber cannot be reached at the moment - please try again later".

Well, so I will do.
Old May 29, 20, 6:28 am

Aegean shuffled flights from BEG (moved them one day prior to the original schedule) and reduced frequencies. Since the prices were slashed after they started offering only Flex, I booked a new ticket myself (my holiday starts a day early) and asked for a voucher for the cancelled flight. The difference between the original and this new fare is EUR 48 and with the 10% extra credit I have "earned" a grand total of EUR 60. Pretty decent interest rate haha.
Old May 29, 20, 6:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *S, AF *S
Originally Posted by Carpacchio View Post
So - all my flights in July and August are either cancelled or with a 5 hour time change (and changed flight numbers).
No email received yet (despite booking directly with Aegean), but under "Manage my bookings", there is a lot of text in red saying "some segments have been cancelled", "a change has occured", "call our reservation department".

Just wanted to call the Gold line - and was greeted with "the requested subscriber cannot be reached at the moment - please try again later".

Well, so I will do.
I finally got through and was offered rebooking or credit voucher.
I casually asked about EU passenger rights, and the lady responded (clearly from a pre-written script) that since this is pandemic, there are no reimbursements possible. Yeah, right...
Old May 29, 20, 11:29 am

Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for your replies!
Now Expedia shows only the first leg (FRA-ATH), no longer the second one as if it had never been any different.
All it says is: "There has been a change to your flight. We will email or call you to confirm any changes."
The Aegean side doesn't even mention any sort of change yet.
Very weird...
Old Jun 1, 20, 10:29 am

I received an email to Accept or Deny a flight change, if I don't respond in 5 days they said my booking will be cancelled. Is this the same thing as denying & getting a voucher? Is there any path to receive a refund?
Old Jun 1, 20, 11:02 am

That sounds like the flight has been rescheduled (same day, different time), not cancelled? My email said the flight has been cancelled and that I should apply for a voucher or contact them to get rebooked.
Old Jun 1, 20, 11:15 am

Yes that's right it was rescheduled, is there any path to getting a refund or should I just click deny and accept a voucher?
Old Jun 1, 20, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska
Any insight about what time in Greece is the best time to call A3?

My arward flight was cancelled by the operating airlines and I would like to refund the awards.

Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 20, 4:37 am

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
My family are booked on a one way flight from ATH-MUC-LHR in August. Aegean have cancelled our 15:45 ATH-MUC (A3 806) segment and offered us the 08:35 ATH-MUC flight (A3 802) on the same day, 7 hrs 10 mins earlier. Given we are travelling from the Mani (300 km away) on the day of a flight that would be a 2am start to drive to the airport, or overnight in Athens at our expense.

They have requested that we accept this flight which then allows us to modify the booking again if we wish. However, I am aware of the EU guidelines, and if I accept the flight, I will then not be allowed to cancel if I can't find better flight times to subsequently change to. Therefore, I will cancel the flight and likely book with BA if there's any hope of international travel this summer.

I didn't even bother to argue the toss with Aegean and just went straight to my credit card provider and set up a dispute for the £720. They didn't pushback as it's obviously a well trodden path. In the UK the consumer credit act makes the credit card company joint and severally liable with the provider (known as section 75) as long as the 'goods' cost over £100.

Aegean can contest this dispute, but don't think they have a hope as they cancelled the flight. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Jun 2, 20, 4:44 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I’m guessing the answer is no since Aegean does not fly to the US, but is there a US phone number to call into to customer service/reservations? I have not seen one. Thought this might be the place to ask. All of my late August flights have been significantly altered for domestic flights in Greece
Old Jun 2, 20, 5:19 am

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by buckeye91 View Post
iím guessing the answer is no since aegean does not fly to the us, but is there a us phone number to call into to customer service/reservations? I have not seen one. Thought this might be the place to ask. All of my late august flights have been significantly altered for domestic flights in greece
833-732-8158
buckeye91 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: