Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
To prevent thread drift and separation, this is a consolidated thread to document all A3 actions/issues/solutions etc related to the COVID-19 virus. Several previously raised threads have been consolidated into this one. Others where the information and/or advice is now outdated because of the speed at which events move have been closed.

Please use this thread to document actions related to A3 only. General COVID-19 discussions should be made in the dedicated FT forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

This is your wiki, so please feel free to populate it with useful information as it emerges and evolves.
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Aegean policies, responses, help & advice ["noise free"]

Old Apr 25, 2020, 10:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Many airlines do use hedging; ie buying/committing large amounts of fuel when prices are favorable. Though at this point in time that may be a difficult game to play as the future is bleek for many.
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:40 pm

Xandrios I already read about airlines wanting to break out of such "deals" to profit from the current prices (or cut down their losses a bit).
​​
Anyway there is a new announcement regarding re-bookings and this time you can rebook from August 1st free of all fees. New deadline is May 10th. The rest remains the same I think.
​​​​​​Still doesn't suit me so I'll keep waiting (the prime Minister of Greece announced today that.... They will take their time announcing plans for flying).
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
You can't unwind a loss making position under a SWAP arrangement (oil in this case) without incurring significant financial losses.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:50 pm

Well then maybe they're trying to make new deals now covering the years to come after the current deals expire, I don't know, I'm not managing an airline, but it was reported so I just mentioned it ​​​​​​.
​​​​​​
To add to my previous comment, it now looks like all kinds of redemption and upgraded tickets are excluded from this offer....!

Edit: And now the 3000 miles offer is valid only until May 3rd! From the 4th till the 10th you get "only" the free re-booking.

Last edited by giorginho; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:09 am
Old May 2, 2020, 2:11 pm

Has anyone gotten taxes back in tickets issued with Miles and Bonus miles? I have been waiting for three weeks, and still no refund.
romans likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pacf_dino
Has anyone gotten taxes back in tickets issued with Miles and Bonus miles? I have been waiting for three weeks, and still no refund.
Unfortunately if you cancelled your flight after the middle of March you can expect a 30 working days delay. I cancelled my booking on 16th March and only got the taxes and fees back in my account 24th April. I don't think this is an intentional delay of payments, but merely that they are working through a backlog. You will get your money IMO (touch wood!).
Old May 3, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Can you get EMDs for flights not yet cancelled - or should I wait for them to cancel? I need to re-route from BHX-ATH (seasonal) to LHR-ATH as it will not run on my new dates.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
By looking on a number of bookings I have for me and my family to Mytilene, Lesbos (MJT) and back, I noticed that the first row is blocked and cannot be selected when selecting your preferred seat. Extra legroom is only offered for the exit row seats. The flights related to these bookings go all the way up to March 2021.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Can you get EMDs for flights not yet cancelled - or should I wait for them to cancel? I need to re-route from BHX-ATH (seasonal) to LHR-ATH as it will not run on my new dates.
They will not issue a voucher until a flight has been cancelled. If it's the same route, they are offering the possibility to make a date change online free of charge. Obviously, that is not what you need.

https://en.aegeanair.com/has-your-fl...een-cancelled/

If I were in your shoes, I'd send them a tweet (or maybe phone) and explain the situation.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Another data point regarding vouchers. Requested a refund for a flight on April 8th. The voucher just came through - just shy of a month later. Still they beat Air France, which hasn't even acknowledged my voucher request so far (apparently that is typical for them).

How do I use the promotional code?

Enter your promotional code into the "Promotional Code" field at the booking form in the homepage.

Terms & Conditions:

1. The promotional code is valid for one way and return flights, operated by AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air, and/or for flights by other collaborating airlines (codeshare fligths).
  2. Valid for bookings and flights that will take place within the next 18 months, from the date that this email was sent, only through aegeanair.com, olympicair.com and the AEGEAN app.
  3. In order for the promotional code to be valid, it must be entered in the "promotional code" field displayed in the booking form.
  4. In order for the promotional code to be valid, the booking must take place in the same currency in which the promotional code has been issued.
  5. The new ticket that will be issued by redeeming the Credit Voucher, will fall under the rules of the fare class that will be issued.
  6. The promotional code can only be used for the same passenger that the Credit Voucher was issued for, and his/her full name in the new booking must match exactly the name indicated in this email
  7. Only one promotional code can be used in each booking and the booking must be only for one passenger.
  8. The promotional code can be redeemed in more than one bookings/transactions. If the new booking is of lower value than the promotional code , then the difference will remain as a credit balance and the promotional code can be used in another booking . If the new booking is of higher value than the promotional code, then you will be required to pay the difference at the time of booking.
  9. After the 18 months of the date of its issuance, and provided that the Credit Voucher has not been used in full or at all, passenger is eligible to request refund of the (remaining) unused amount paid for his initial booking.
  10. The value of the promotional code can be redeemed for the total ticket value (fare, taxes, flight-related services purchased e.g. extra baggage, preferred seat, fast track, pet, sports equipment)
Old May 5, 2020, 11:07 am

My came after 2 weeks.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Requested on April 4 - still waiting (but it includes 2 children, which need to be assigned to an adult, so maybe that makes it take longer...)
Old May 7, 2020, 1:56 pm

Well the end of the current "offer" to re-schedule flights up to July 31st is fast approaching again (May 10th) and I noticed today (May 7th) that Aegean has flights available for "regular" booking up until May 3rd 2021. I certainly hope that the "March 31st" limit will be extended when the next re-scheduling offer arrives and that by the end of June, if actually flying still isn't an option, they'll include summer 2021 within their available for free re-scheduling dates (which is probably the "fairest" way to re-schedule summer 2020 tickets).
That being said, seeing how "suddenly" a bunch of restrictions are being lifted already inside May (or at so was announced by various governments) I don't see what will keep them from allowing people to fly. However I am still extremely sceptical about the motives behind these announcements, when so far they've only tested about 5% of the population, mostly people already with "suspicious" symptoms and then some random tests on "healthy" people turned out to be positive on a considerably high percentage.... which means that neither have we gotten the full picture of the actual infection progress yet nor do "they" want anyone to actually "risk" finding it out, for obvious reasons.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Requested on April 4 - still waiting (but it includes 2 children, which need to be assigned to an adult, so maybe that makes it take longer...)
Today it arrived - so a bit more than a month of processing time.
Full amount, conditions outlined in the email (valid for flights in the next 18 months and reimbursement of any unused amount after that time).
Old May 8, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by justforfun
I've disputed three different charges by Aegean with Chase. Not willing to give Aegean an interest free loan.
How successful have you been with Chase accepting charge-disputes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.