Aegean Seafood Breakfast Meal

Old Jan 26, 20, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold, Tinder gold
Aegean Seafood Breakfast Meal

When I go to the option in my booking to select a meal for my upcoming business class flight, there is an option to select 'sea food' as meal preference even though the flight is officially a breakfast flight.

Anyone tried to do this before on a (late) morning flight with an 10.40am departure? You get a proper sea food meal like the airline also serves for lunch/dinner? Or some Aegean sea food breakfast option from which I never head of to date?

Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 20, 12:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
I tried it once and got a strangely-looking omelette with shrimps, and some potato patties. It tasted great, and is actually among the best breakfast dishes I've had on board. So I pre-ordered it again and it was equally delicious.

*Disclaimer: In my case the standard options were different if my memory serves me well. So I am not sure if the seafood dish changes along with them or not.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 26, 20, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by East_and_West View Post
I tried it once and got a strangely-looking omelette with shrimps, and some potato patties. It tasted great, and is actually among the best breakfast dishes I've had on board. So I pre-ordered it again and it was equally delicious.

*Disclaimer: In my case the standard options were different if my memory serves me well. So I am not sure if the seafood dish changes along with them or not.
Thanks! It sounds actually worth trying perhaps. I knew that at least someone here must have tried it out before.
Old Jan 29, 20, 5:00 am
Original Poster

For those who are curious, the seafood option on breakfast flights is still the shrimp omelette.

It contained three quite big shrimps - and was cooked nicely. Even though I'm not a big shrimp fan it was certainly tasty and a good change from the other breakfast options. Pairs well with a malagousia, even at 10am

Still nothing beats the proper espresso and wee bit of mastiha as digestif afterwards!
Old Jan 29, 20, 9:39 am

Hi, my wife and daughter in C by award tickets, have got a dish choice available. Me not, except just drop down selection (special meals); I am in C by voucher upgrade.

Is it worth selecting sea food dish for lunch?

Once I ordered this type it in Y and I founded it rather bland.
Old Jan 29, 20, 2:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Originally Posted by Grigoris View Post
Hi, my wife and daughter in C by award tickets, have got a dish choice available. Me not, except just drop down selection (special meals); I am in C by voucher upgrade.

Is it worth selecting sea food dish for lunch?
I cannot help you with the sea food dish... but even with a voucher upgrade you can chose your meal. Look at the options your wife and daughter have and then order for you by phone. Though I was always able to order online my preference after the upgrade went through.
Grigoris likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:45 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
I have almost never been able to choose the meal online on a voucher upgraded flight. Once asked an agent on the phone and they didn't know why, and that she could only help selecting the normal choices (Special meals)..
Grigoris likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:02 am

No problem with my seafood selection on coupon-upgraded flights, but this is a permanent selection stored in my profile file.
Grigoris likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: