FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Changed time for connecting flight - award booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2004143-changed-time-connecting-flight-award-booking.html)

romans Jan 13, 2020 9:59 am

Changed time for connecting flight - award booking

I booked my award flight months ago through Aegean Airlines. It's Austrian Airlines/SAS flight - VIE - LAX. Transfer time has been changed to 10 min (thanks awardwallet for notify! Aegean did not BTW) which is unreal to make it.

I am gonna call Aegean Airlines to manage this. Since I don't have any experiences with this situation what I can do in this case before I will call I appreciate every advice about what I can ask for in this case (change/rebook flight for free, or another option?). I don't know I just hope they will able to rebook to better option. thank you friends

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...55a1a9f3fa.png

Chiller3333 Jan 13, 2020 10:53 am

You are probably aware of all this already but just in case:
- OS301 is the earliest flight to CPH already
- There is no I availability on VIE-LAX on 04/10

A possible solution would be to have the first flight changed to one on the previous day and spend the night at CPH.
But apart from this I don't think there's much that can be done.

The departure of which flight was changed?

romans Jan 13, 2020 11:09 am

yes I already checked those. Your mentioned solution is one option I guess but not sure If I want to do that because of time. SK931 departure time was changed from 9:45...

especially I can see the issue that we have booked 2 these flights, second one through the miles&more. I think the change has been done yesterday so I will wait few more days what happened (if something?)

Originally Posted by Chiller3333 (Post 31945049)
You are probably aware of all this already but just in case:
- OS301 is the earliest flight to CPH already
- There is no I availability on VIE-LAX on 04/10

A possible solution would be to have the first flight changed to one on the previous day and spend the night at CPH.
But apart from this I don't think there's much that can be done.

The departure of which flight was changed?

headingwest Jan 13, 2020 12:08 pm

I'm pretty sure that Aegean will contact you regarding this change, especially as you say this happened yesterday. I've had award booking flight changes, and they always contact me. Don't panic, you've still got lots of time.

You'll definitely have the option to cancel for a full refund, but I'd ask them to try and find another solution (i.e. rebook with another carrier).

I didn't even realise Eurowings had Business Class!

romans Jan 13, 2020 12:26 pm

well I hope :) I do not panic of course just want to know your experiences. This OS301 flight changed to Eurowings days ago, yes they have their business class. TBH don't care much about first segment flight.

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 31945391)
I'm pretty sure that Aegean will contact you regarding this change, especially as you say this happened yesterday. I've had award booking flight changes, and they always contact me. Don't panic, you've still got lots of time.

You'll definitely have the option to cancel for a full refund, but I'd ask them to try and find another solution (i.e. rebook with another carrier).

I didn't even realise Eurowings had Business Class!

giorginho Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm

Wow! That was an extremely tight connection to begin with! 40 minutes to land, possibly clear security or at the very least clear customs? Even with business class ticket you won't be moving very quickly... And you get the SSSS on the boarding pass you can relax, because you are definitely not making it.
Even without all this the slightest delay of the first flight causes you to miss the connection and I've only flown a couple of times with eurowings and pretty much always experienced between 30mins and 3h delay...
I realize that Aegean's booking system allows for such connections (I think I've seen as little as 30mins connection time being offered), but I have never booked anything under 1h10min so far and would never book anything that short either unless I both didn't care if I missed the connection And if I was actually intending to miss the connection based upon my calculations and get some "compensation" for my troubles (which I probably also won't do intentionally, since my time away is more important to me).
Anyway, Aegean notified me once that my (only) award flight had the departure time changed to 20min earlier (no connection at all there), so I would assume that they will contact you in the next couple of days about this.

Garimi Jan 13, 2020 3:34 pm

They should move you to day earlier and night at your cost...

romans Jan 13, 2020 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 31946000)
Wow! That was an extremely tight connection to begin with! 40 minutes to land, possibly clear security or at the very least clear customs? Even with business class ticket you won't be moving very quickly... And you get the SSSS on the boarding pass you can relax, because you are definitely not making it.
Even without all this the slightest delay of the first flight causes you to miss the connection and I've only flown a couple of times with eurowings and pretty much always experienced between 30mins and 3h delay...
I realize that Aegean's booking system allows for such connections (I think I've seen as little as 30mins connection time being offered), but I have never booked anything under 1h10min so far and would never book anything that short either unless I both didn't care if I missed the connection And if I was actually intending to miss the connection based upon my calculations and get some "compensation" for my troubles (which I probably also won't do intentionally, since my time away is more important to me).
Anyway, Aegean notified me once that my (only) award flight had the departure time changed to 20min earlier (no connection at all there), so I would assume that they will contact you in the next couple of days about this.

Relax man. SAS directly sells this exact flight connection (when was 40min) so although I know it's really tight connection I took the risk ,)

romans Jan 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 31946252)
They should move you to day earlier and night at your cost...

not the best but I understand that I can't expect that Aegean will pay my hotel.

RedChili Jan 14, 2020 12:05 am

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 31946000)
Wow! That was an extremely tight connection to begin with! 40 minutes to land, possibly clear security or at the very least clear customs?

There's no customs, and security is basically only an interview at the gate. There's no reason to believe that you cannot make such a connection in 40 minutes. Also, since the VIE-CPH is the first flight of the day, delays on those legs are very uncommon.

romans Jan 14, 2020 1:21 am

that was really quick, thumbs up Aegean!

especially this connection is not listened under available options when I want to book award flight. Also when I check my booking I can see this alternative already added to the booking with booking class codes: I,D instead of previous I,I. Just interesting...
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6b662e9979.png

headingwest Jan 14, 2020 2:04 am

Originally Posted by romans (Post 31947792)
that was really quick, thumbs up Aegean!

especially this connection is not listened under available options when I want to book award flight. Also when I check my booking I can see this alternative already added to the booking with booking class codes: I,D instead of previous I,I. Just interesting...

Quite a nice alternative, much better flights in my opinion. Regarding the D fare, you might, just might, get miles for that. You shouldn't get miles, but sometimes it happens. I remember getting Tier Points and miles for a BA award booking in First from HKG that was rebooked into revenue fares so I got 20,000 miles (and 250 TPs) back! Don't expect it, but be glad when it happens!

What about the second booking made through Miles&More, have you managed to get any change there?

romans Jan 14, 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 31947856)
Quite a nice alternative, much better flights in my opinion. Regarding the D fare, you might, just might, get miles for that. You shouldn't get miles, but sometimes it happens. I remember getting Tier Points and miles for a BA award booking in First from HKG that was rebooked into revenue fares so I got 20,000 miles (and 250 TPs) back! Don't expect it, but be glad when it happens!

What about the second booking made through Miles&More, have you managed to get any change there?

Exactly, no expectations but if then I will be very happy for my lady. About my ticket booked through M&M I am still waiting, I will wait a couple of days.

Chiller3333 Jan 14, 2020 4:05 am

Wow! If they really get you a D fare, that would be 200% of the distance.
That's huge! I didn't know A3 rebooked into revenue BCs on award tickets.
I remember that someone had their BR flight cancelled due to the strike last year and had to jump through a lot of hoops before the ticket got changed.
Ultimately, they also ended up in a revenue class but only cause BR paid for it (all of this with the caveat that that's what I remember so it might not be 100% correct).

Would be interesting to know whether SK was in any way involved since they changed the departure time.
Sounds unlikely but who knows.

romans Jan 14, 2020 6:07 am

aight, new flight connection is confirmed and booked : ) happy with this solution... even if FRA - LAX will be real booking class "D" it will be nice bonus. Especially fly with 747-8i (second biz flight on 747) instead of A380

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...32f8ae3705.png