Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Changed time for connecting flight - award booking

Changed time for connecting flight - award booking

Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili
There's no customs, and security is basically only an interview at the gate. There's no reason to believe that you cannot make such a connection in 40 minutes. Also, since the VIE-CPH is the first flight of the day, delays on those legs are very uncommon.
There is passport control at CPH, and this month it has taken me as little as a minute to as much as 20 minutes to clear Schengen exit passport control at CPH. Last year it took me up to 40+ minutes to do Schengen exit passport control at CPH. Since I get PreCheck boarding passes for SK CPH-US flights always now, there is no real security for me at the flight gate area for these SK flights (and I just get the packed/electronics questions after handing in the completed paper emergency contact form); but some others at the gate get sent to secondary due to SSSS hits on the boarding pass or otherwise.

Is 40 minutes enough to do the OP’s kind of connection for VIE-CPH-US? Usually, at least if you’re willing to try to cut the passport control lines. If the OP is using an EU/Schengen country passport and an adult, then 40 minutes is generally fine at this time at CPH. Otherwise it could be cutting it close at times. Although if you have checked in luggage, then it’s even easier to make it.
romans and giorginho like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.