Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Changed time for connecting flight - award booking

Changed time for connecting flight - award booking

Old Jan 14, 20, 7:26 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: FRA, JFK
Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 224
Amazing! I love the upper deck business on the 747-8i (my first ever flight in C on FRA-EWR).
Does the LH wbsite also show that FRA-LAX is in D?
romans likes this.
Chiller3333 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:37 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Programs: AA *G, FB *S, M+B *S
Posts: 102
yes:


OS


LH
romans is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:56 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,627
But don't count your chickens before they hatch!

They had to book against a revenue class because there was no award availability, but they may have attached a note (electronically) to the PNR, so that you don't earn miles.

Keep your fingers crossed!
romans likes this.
headingwest is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:59 am
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Programs: AA *G, FB *S, M+B *S
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
But don't count your chickens before they hatch!

They had to book against a revenue class because there was no award availability, but they may have attached a note (electronically) to the PNR, so that you don't earn miles.

Keep your fingers crossed!
will let you guys know, for me it's important that Aegean offered this option. I will have busy 9th of April since this will be round the world trip for almost one month so you can imagine...
romans is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:08 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,627
Itinerary!?
headingwest is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:09 am
  #21  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Programs: AA *G, FB *S, M+B *S
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Itinerary!?
LAX (LH - J) - OGG (UA - Y) - HNL (Hawaiian - Y) - HND (Japan Airlines - J hopefully, still waiting for availability, they switching airports atm) - back to Vienna (ANA - W).
headingwest likes this.
romans is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:12 am
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Programs: AA *G, FB *S, M+B *S
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Quite a nice alternative, much better flights in my opinion. Regarding the D fare, you might, just might, get miles for that. You shouldn't get miles, but sometimes it happens. I remember getting Tier Points and miles for a BA award booking in First from HKG that was rebooked into revenue fares so I got 20,000 miles (and 250 TPs) back! Don't expect it, but be glad when it happens!

What about the second booking made through Miles&More, have you managed to get any change there?
Update about M&M booking: I called them and they rebooked me in few minutes on the same connection for free of course.... Both booking codes are I. But all is sorted.
romans is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:32 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PVG, FRA, SEA, HEL
Programs: UA Premier Gold
Posts: 3,299
It's Austrian Airlines/SAS flight - VIE - LAX.
No its Eurowings!
warakorn is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:17 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ARN
Posts: 2,827
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
No its Eurowings!
It's an Austrian Airlines flight which is currently scheduled to be operated by a wet leased Eurowings plane. But Austrian is free to amend the equipment at their own will. If they get many bookings for that specific flight, they could e.g. replace it with their own A321.
romans likes this.
RedChili is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:20 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by romans View Post
Relax man. SAS directly sells this exact flight connection (when was 40min) so although I know it's really tight connection I took the risk ,)
Well that's just me then. A lot of airlines sell a lot of short connections, doesn't mean they will always work out. Plus there's no way I'm flying business and I won't check out the lounge at the airline's own hub airport! By the way Lufthansa's business lounge at Frankfurt is huge and quite well equipped, but again, your new (far better) flight combination has too short a connection to visit it. @RedChili well ok, I guess if the aircraft is also already stationed at VIE then it seems possible. Just don't put your money on Eurowings if they have to do an earlier flight from somewhere else.
romans likes this.
giorginho is offline  
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:34 pm
  #26  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Aberdeen, Bella Vista and Croydon
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,590
Originally Posted by giorginho View Post
Well that's just me then. A lot of airlines sell a lot of short connections, doesn't mean they will always work out. Plus there's no way I'm flying business and I won't check out the lounge at the airline's own hub airport! By the way Lufthansa's business lounge at Frankfurt is huge and quite well equipped, but again, your new (far better) flight combination has too short a connection to visit it. @RedChili well ok, I guess if the aircraft is also already stationed at VIE then it seems possible. Just don't put your money on Eurowings if they have to do an earlier flight from somewhere else.
The SK lounge at CPH is nothing special. Despite the price of food in Denmark, it's one of the few lounges I don't bother going to sometimes.
East_and_West likes this.
:D! is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:05 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ARN
Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Posts: 289
Originally Posted by giorginho View Post
Well that's just me then. A lot of airlines sell a lot of short connections, doesn't mean they will always work out. Plus there's no way I'm flying business and I won't check out the lounge at the airline's own hub airport! By the way Lufthansa's business lounge at Frankfurt is huge and quite well equipped, but again, your new (far better) flight combination has too short a connection to visit it. @RedChili well ok, I guess if the aircraft is also already stationed at VIE then it seems possible. Just don't put your money on Eurowings if they have to do an earlier flight from somewhere else.
It's not just you. In general I try to avoid short connections too if possible. Transferring in CPH though is fast and efficient, at least with SK, and a 40-minute window is usually quite safe. So far I have missed such short connections less than 10% of the times when transferring in CPH.

SK lounges in CPH (or anywhere else...) are not especially worth checking out. Definitely not bad enough to avoid, and in fact I am happy to spend my time there in case of longer transfers, but I would not choose a longer transfer just in order to visit them.
romans likes this.
East_and_West is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:26 am
  #28  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Programs: AA *G, FB *S, M+B *S
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by East_and_West View Post
It's not just you. In general I try to avoid short connections too if possible. Transferring in CPH though is fast and efficient, at least with SK, and a 40-minute window is usually quite safe. So far I have missed such short connections less than 10% of the times when transferring in CPH.

SK lounges in CPH (or anywhere else...) are not especially worth checking out. Definitely not bad enough to avoid, and in fact I am happy to spend my time there in case of longer transfers, but I would not choose a longer transfer just in order to visit them.
OK. You know guys when I travel alone then I am 100% with you but since I am travelling with fiance, she hates layovers so therefore is sometimes better xx min layover than 4 hours with lounge .)
East_and_West likes this.
romans is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:13 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,627
Lounges are not so important when you are travelling business class anyway. The number of times I've stuffed myself stupid with cheap food in the lounge, only to be served better food onboard, but without the appetite!

Now travelling economy is a different story!!!
headingwest is offline  
Old Jan 15, 20, 11:04 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by romans View Post
OK. You know guys when I travel alone then I am 100% with you but since I am travelling with fiance, she hates layovers so therefore is sometimes better xx min layover than 4 hours with lounge .)
Haha, in this case... I'd definitely choose a longer layover! Mine doesn't particularly like layovers either (or connections at all, if possible), but she is neither a runner nor a calm person when it comes to missing a connection :P. I'd rather not have to sprint 800m with 2 carry-ons plus full clothing either!
Originally Posted by East_and_West View Post
It's not just you. In general I try to avoid short connections too if possible. Transferring in CPH though is fast and efficient, at least with SK, and a 40-minute window is usually quite safe. So far I have missed such short connections less than 10% of the times when transferring in CPH.

SK lounges in CPH (or anywhere else...) are not especially worth checking out. Definitely not bad enough to avoid, and in fact I am happy to spend my time there in case of longer transfers, but I would not choose a longer transfer just in order to visit them.
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
The SK lounge at CPH is nothing special. Despite the price of food in Denmark, it's one of the few lounges I don't bother going to sometimes.
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Lounges are not so important when you are travelling business class anyway. The number of times I've stuffed myself stupid with cheap food in the lounge, only to be served better food onboard, but without the appetite!
I've only had one experience with a SK lounge so far, at ORD, and it did have some "unusual" stuff for a lounge (like chips in bowls!), however it was extremely over-crowded (as if everyone about to board that A330 had access!) and not a single member of the staff was interested in fixing the broken espresso machine or care to replace it or find any kind of "coffee solution".
Food on board, even in business class (not to mention in some cases even in first class!) can be a hit or miss (and, more importantly, sometimes it can be half the quantity you require!), food in the lounge is cheap and "standard" but there's always something you can eat to be on the 'safe' side (in case food on board is a miss). I also visit lounges for refreshments, I like to keep myself hydrated and actually don't like drinking water from the airport lavatories :P. And of course it's not just water I like to drink (but I do drink a lot of water, which by the way is also something you definitely don't even get half the quantity you need on board, because ...they simply don't carry enough!).
So while I do take your word on SAS and their lounges, I will keep visiting lounges at an airline's hub, I have already enjoyed quite a few of them and on quite a few of those occasions the food offered on the ground was better than the food on board in business class! Then again, I'm not the most frequent traveller out there, so my experiences don't necessarily create a "history". :P
giorginho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: