FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Options for 6000 miles or 4 Aegean segments with €650 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1998476-options-6000-miles-4-aegean-segments-650-a.html)

ntzanos Dec 14, 2019 6:17 am

I flew last month from Oslo to Athens (via Copenhagen & Brussels) on SAS Plus Pro (Booking class S) for 263€.
That got me 4034 miles on Aegean.

testman Dec 17, 2019 3:09 pm

1) If you want 4 AEGEAN segments, try flying to Thessaloniki (via Athens) from any European hub.

In November, I flew from Warsaw to Thessaloniki (via Athens), just to return to Athens the following day. Then flew back to Warsaw two days later.
I got 4 AEGEAN segments and 2740 status miles for less than 220 EUR.

I highly recommend the "Avalon Airport Hotel Thessaloniki". The price is reasonable (about 1/3 of the price of the Sofitel Athens Airport) and it offers free airport shuttle 24/7.
(In November, I was given a private transfer in a Dacia at around 1 a.m.)

2) If you want miles, SAS is a good option.
A return flight from London to Malaga (via Copenhagen or Oslo) should give you about 4200 miles. The prices vary a lot. It can be very expensive or surprisingly cheap in winter.

yurtripper Dec 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by testman (Post 31850443)
1) If you want 4 AEGEAN segments, try flying to Thessaloniki (via Athens) from any European hub.

In November, I flew from Warsaw to Thessaloniki (via Athens), just to return to Athens the following day. Then flew back to Warsaw two days later.
I got 4 AEGEAN segments and 2740 status miles for less than 220 EUR.

I highly recommend the "Avalon Airport Hotel Thessaloniki". The price is reasonable (about 1/3 of the price of the Sofitel Athens Airport) and it offers free airport shuttle 24/7.
(In November, I was given a private transfer in a Dacia at around 1 a.m.)

2) If you want miles, SAS is a good option.
A return flight from London to Malaga (via Copenhagen or Oslo) should give you about 4200 miles. The prices vary a lot. It can be very expensive or surprisingly cheap in winter.

I agree on the Sofitel. The hotel options are so poor at ATH that I much prefer to take a taxi to Artemida and overnight in some cheap B&B. If the flight is mid-afternoon (or later) I have a pleasant few hours to spend on the beach also. There really should be at least 2 more hotels for a capital city airport.

ukflyer1 Dec 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Thanks @testman and @yuritripper good to know about hotel options.

Garimi Dec 24, 2019 8:10 am

I just booked craziest run to keep status
13k a3 miles for
LHR-IAH-LAX-SYD-IAH-LHR
4 day stay at syd
680GBP on United....

You can easly find some EU -US flights o UA or Air Canada for 200gbp...

KLouis Dec 24, 2019 5:08 pm

To the 680 GBP you'll have to add quite a bit for several massage sessions, once back home, that will help you recuperate! ;)

:D! Dec 25, 2019 12:10 am

If you actually need / want to go to Australia the only really crazy thing about it is subjecting yourself to US immigration (and UA economy class). It isn't that much longer than the shortest route and £680 is pretty cheap, considering £78 air passenger duty, £42 Heathrow fees, A$60 passenger movement charge, US$20 TSA fees (just a guess).

Garimi Dec 25, 2019 10:51 am

It was 450gbp plus taxes....

Garimi Dec 25, 2019 1:19 pm

September 11th Security Fee:8.60 GBP

U.S. APHIS User Fee:6.00 GBP

U.S. Customs User Fee:9.00 GBP

U.K. Passenger Service Charge:48.66 GBP

U.K. Air Passenger Duty:80.00 GBP

U.S. Immigration User Fee:10.80 GBP

Australia Passenger Movement Charge:31.60 GBP

U.S. Passenger Facility Charge:3.40 GBP

ukflyer1 Dec 29, 2019 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 31872461)
I just booked craziest run to keep status
13k a3 miles for
LHR-IAH-LAX-SYD-IAH-LHR
4 day stay at syd
680GBP on United....

You can easly find some EU -US flights o UA or Air Canada for 200gbp...

Wow, that is a good deal (cost wise) although two US transfers is not something I would relish! But hadn't considered a route like that could be so cheap, so thanks for pointing it out.

Garimi Dec 30, 2019 11:55 am

You can easily find routing just with one stop LAX/SFO/IAH
I choose 2 stops becouse I need to fly after 1pm from LHR and I get some extra miles..