Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Space Flex Lavs!

Am I hallucinating, or are those the Space Flex lavatories in DELLAS 's photos? The overhead bins look like the regular ones, so there's no improvement there. And no universal power ports? I hope the seats are actually comfortable, or else it's a pretty disappointing plane...
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Thanks a lot for sharing the photos DELLAS!

Originally Posted by l380
It reminds me Malaysia Airlines' livery. It is growing on me slowly but I wish they could be less MH like
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am not a fan, too similar to others and I am disappointed the logo disappeared.
For some reason it reminds me a bit that of old Sabena, especially the fin. The new logo is definitely not bad, but we may need some time get used to it and start being fond of it.

I agree though that it's too similar to others, and too generic and impersonal. The old/current one is more special, and a pair of seagulls flying in the sunset is cozier and much more reminiscent of Greece.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Interior. Besides smartphone-stands and USB power (yay!) not much different from the current seats. Pitch is unknown but likely the same or tighter than on the older aircraft.
Great that they added USB charging ports and smartphone/tablet stands. That will play along well with their new onboard streaming service. Well done A3!

The latter part though about decreased pitch is worrying. Seat pitch is already tight enough in their seats in the back...

Originally Posted by DELLAS
They were never going to go for true 2-2 J class seating as it does not make business sense for them and their operations.
Totally agree given the seasonality of their annual demand pattern, and their market approach. Although I would very much welcome proper J seats, I would be very surprised if I saw them introduced in their new fleet.

Originally Posted by l380
Headrests are only for business class and up-front seats. Not the regular economy seats.
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
I just saw that only business and up-front seats have headrests :/
On the one hand that makes up-front seats more appealing but it doesn't feel right if you know what I mean.
Whatever the case may be, I'm excited :P
Different front and rear seat features in Y seems quite UA-like Although I see this as a positive development (and hope it turns out as such), I do fear that further enhancements in seat selection fees will be upon us as soon as the neos start replacing their present ceo fleet on a wide scale. And if Xandrios conjecture about reduced pitch in the rear seats turns out to be true, this may imply de facto higher ticket prices...

Last edited by East_and_West; Feb 14, 2020 at 2:04 am
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: A3 *G
I agree with many - that the new livery is.... meh. there's nothing particularly WRONG with it, but it's just generic, bland and uninspiring. It looks like it took an 18yr old art student 20 minutes to design on Photoshop. The old one was due for an update (unchanged since 1994) but a simple refresh KEEPING the classic bird logo would have been better. imho. This is.... OK... Just OK. What a wasted opportunity! There are countless airlines out there with "white with bold-blue squiggles" liveries. It even looks quite similar to their domestic competitor Ellinair - although at least, being based on the flag, theirs is actually identifiable as Greek!
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:40 am

SX-NEA operated the first revenue flight today! A3802|3 ATH-MUC-ATH. There is also a neo flight tonight on the LHR evening rotation (A3608|9). Most likely it's going to be the same plane.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:39 am

I have to say that with any brand refresh it always takes some time to get used to . But after looking more into the thoughts behind the whole rebranding I have to say it has been done very well and I love it. It still shows off Greece and the interior also and the continued theme of Greek onboard catering also is in keeping with the brand Greece.

What needed to be done was a rebrand that would show a modern and professional product in 2020. Greek flags as tail fins are a bit tacky to be honest. You dont want it to look like a fake Greek taverna in New York !
SK likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
What's a wau? A character from ancient Greek also known as digamma?
A "wau" is the malay word for Kite - which is what is the MH design/tail. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wau_bulan
Xandrios likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
SX-NEA operated the first revenue flight today! A3802|3 ATH-MUC-ATH. There is also a neo flight tonight on the LHR evening rotation (A3608|9). Most likely it's going to be the same plane.
...waiting for the first trip reports! Anybody here booked any of these flights just for the experience?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by supemola
There seems to be a difference in the hard product between paid (both in J and Y) and unpaid ("standard") seats; The latter lack the adjustable headrest.

This can be seen in the virtual tour.
What's a "paid J seat"? They all feature headrests... By the way, not a big fan here, I actually like having my head rest further back and there's little (actually mostly zero) sleep to be had on Aegean flights anyway.
...waiting for the first trip reports! Anybody here booked any of these flights just for the experience?
Did anyone remember to send a message to Sam Chui? 😜
There are a few AV-freaks out there that never miss any inaugural flight 😳.
Anyway, I am very sad to see the inner-armrests in business class become fixed. Being somewhat... "healthy" I always enjoyed the extra 1-2" of width... And if you're smaller you could have always just moved them into their "regular eco" position.
I absolutely celebrate the introduction of charging ports.... I almost always feel the urge to take dozens of pictures of the sky when flying and I have found myself landing with enough charge for a single short call more often than not when flying Aegean. But in 2020 the single "standard" USB port is a poor choice. My (2019) Samsung Galaxy Note 10 came with a usb-c to usb-c power/data cable, so I'll already need an adapter for that (and I guess so will everyone else within 2-3 years)!!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:26 am

Old and new liveries side by side :

SK, jerry_greece, l380 and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:17 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I did not but I fly MUC-ATH in 4 weeks and this will be a neo, so I look forward to the experience. Will report back here of course.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: A3*G
First neo flight customers to MUC yesterday got a treat, some got 2 roundtrip tickets too
SK and Chiller3333 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:48 pm

Great flight on SX - NEO today. Cabin is elegant and seats a lot more comfortable. Whole branding inside is a fresh look and feels it. Passengers commented to the crew as they boarded . It smelt like a new car. A bit more legroom in row 1 compared to A320/321 but not sure about rows 2/3/4 etc ... hard to tell.

Just a few pics I took :

Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:51 pm

Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
It looks great but as a one time rugby prop I will lament that the armrests no longer move inwards to provide that little bit more seat width.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
It looks great but as a one time rugby prop I will lament that the armrests no longer move inwards to provide that little bit more seat width.
No but this is something I actively looked for and coming off a 3.5 hour flight where I “Adjusted” the armrest myself as middle seat was free in row 1 then hopping onto the new NEO the seats are wide and I noticed little difference. Im no slim Jim either so do notice these things. Sadly I cant put it down to rugby

You may still feel the same way after trying it out but don't worry too much just yet.
lhrpete and Dover2Golf like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.