Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Aegean's first A320neo is out in a new livery

Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: A3*G
Just got a notification from Flighty that my ATH-ZRH-ATH flights (A3 850 / A3 851) will be on a A320neo.
I'm flying mid-March.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Yes, unfortunately, I know! And to the screaming children, inconsiderately loud neighbours, etc.. (@East_and_West), you'll add all those talking to business partners, friend and family using their smartphones and/or laptops. Only one thing comes to my mind, literally: The Times They Are A-Changin'.
Such inconsiderate folk do indeed exist, and air travel forces all others to put up with them for several hours. So if A3 introduces WiFi onboard, I hope that they will follow the example of other carriers that block voice over IP services on their planes...

The choice of song was to the point
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Live streaming of the new Aegean A320neo livery
SK and Xandrios like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
Oh the tension!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

And the livery specifically:

Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold

I wasn't a fan of the new design when the first renders were posted but now I actually kinda like it.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:01 am

New Livery

East_and_West likes this.

Last edited by DELLAS; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:20 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
It reminds me Malaysia Airlines' livery. It is growing on me slowly but I wish they could be less MH like
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:16 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I am not a fan, too similar to others and I am disappointed the logo disappeared.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:20 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

Interior. Besides smartphone-stands and USB power (yay!) not much different from the current seats. Pitch is unknown but likely the same or tighter than on the older aircraft.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Seems that the prediction of true Business class seat from what I can see at the end of the live feed did not happen, still normal economy seats. At least this hopefully does indicate no major changes to the usual 4 upgrade coupons received as Gold members.

Seats look very similar to those on other A320 Neo operators - my experience like those on TAP

As for the logo, for me I would have used the new fonts, but kept the tail and adding the bi-coloured wings to the current one. Prefer the old one with the sun behind the birds.

Cheers!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Seems that the prediction of true Business class seat from what I can see at the end of the live feed did not happen, still normal economy seats. At least this hopefully does indicate no major changes to the usual 4 upgrade coupons received as Gold members.

Seats look very similar to those on other A320 Neo operators - my experience like those on TAP

As for the logo, for me I would have used the new fonts, but kept the tail and adding the bi-coloured wings to the current one. Prefer the old one with the sun behind the birds.

Cheers!
They were never going to go for true 2-2 J class seating as it does not make business sense for them and their operations.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I am more worried whether they managed to sort out the issues that Lufthansa has with the centre-of-gravity, leading to banning the last row, and the P&W engines on their own A320neo planes.

Edit: Anybody knows anything about that?

Last edited by purplexed; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:54 am Reason: Questioning
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Did anyone follow the live-stream?
I watched mostly all of it but since I don't speak Greek I have no idea what all was said (except for names of cities, "Ladies and Gentlemen", and some other bits and pieces that I picked up while traveling through Greece but definitely not enough to follow).
Did they mention anything regarding a rebranding (since the Logo now disappeared from the livery)?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:45 am

Headrest missing

There seems to be a difference in the hard product between paid (both in J and Y) and unpaid ("standard") seats; The latter lack the adjustable headrest.

This can be seen in the virtual tour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.