Wiki Posts
Search

Long Transit 5 Hours 10 Minutes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Smile Long Transit 5 Hours 10 Minutes

HI
I am travelling from Stockholm to Jeddah using Aegean airline and i will have 5 hours and 10 minutes transit time in Athens airport.

1) Will Aegean give some food voucher for this long transit?
2) What is cost per adult and per child to use lounge on Athens airport?

Regards,
Sarfraz
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by SarfrazAshfaq
HI
I am travelling from Stockholm to Jeddah using Aegean airline and i will have 5 hours and 10 minutes transit time in Athens airport.

1) Will Aegean give some food voucher for this long transit?
2) What is cost per adult and per child to use lounge on Athens airport?

Regards,
Sarfraz
1) No, they won't. Does any airline do that?
2) There is no paid cash access to a lounge at ATH, so you'd need something like Priority Pass.
ajeleonard, irishguy28 and TPJ like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
1) Although I cannot answer no with certainty, I would be very surprised if they gave food vouchers to every passenger with relatively long scheduled transits.

2) If you are travelling on Business class or have *G you have access to all Aegean Lounges, as well as the Lufthansa Business Lounge in the Schengen Area (Terminal B). Otherwise you can purchase a pass for the Skyserv lounge in the non-Schengen area (Terminal A) for something like €30 I think. IMHO though it's definitely not worth it, as it is a very mediocre lounge with limited food options, if that's what you're interested in. You can put this €30 (or actually even half as much) in much better use at one of the restaurants at the airport. Alternatively you can access the Goldair lounge in Terminal A (which offers a more decent selection of food) if you have Priority Pass, or for €30 if you pay with AmEx.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
1) No, they won't. Does any airline do that?
That was my first thought when I read OP's question. I would be really interested to know if there is such an airline. Perhaps some airline in the Middle East? As far as I know at least none of the ME3 carriers does this (unless I have missed that).
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
EK used to do this but it has been years since I flew them. I would suggest you take a breath on fresh air outside of the airport. I have visited ATH twice this year and each visit there was some promo going on and they were giving out free non alcoholic beers
East_and_West likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 747jetter
EK used to do this but it has been years since I flew them. I would suggest you take a breath on fresh air outside of the airport. I have visited ATH twice this year and each visit there was some promo going on and they were giving out free non alcoholic beers
Fresh air is the last thing you will get if you stand outside the airport. I always get smoked to death by all the cigarette puffers. No matter where you stand, within minutes you always get someone standing next to you lighting one up.
sokolov likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
You can buy a lounge pass for £18 here https://salaryextras.dragonpassuk.com/Payment
and use it in Goldair, Skyserv or Swissport lounges on the non-Schengen side. Read the reviews of the lounges online to help you decide which one you want to use. If you don’t use the voucher it is valid for 12 months in any DragonPass lounges.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by East_and_West
That was my first thought when I read OP's question. I would be really interested to know if there is such an airline. Perhaps some airline in the Middle East? As far as I know at least none of the ME3 carriers does this (unless I have missed that).
I know Xiamen offers transfer benefits when you have a extended layover in one of their hubs (Xiamen or Fuzhou). If you have a 2+ hour layover you get free lounge access, if you have a 4+ hour layover you can take a free city tour, and if you have a 6+ hour layover they will put you up in a hotel (subject to double occupancy). They do this for anyone except G/Z/X/O/E fare codes. Which includes several economy fares including discount economy. I always thought this was a pretty awesome benefit.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:49 pm

From my experience, the A3 lounge is fine but nothing remarkable while the Swissport lounge is mediocre.

If you're looking for a place to rest than a paid lounge pass might make sense. Foodwise - you're better off spending at the airport restaurants.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:56 am

You could jump on the train to the city for an hourand come back an hour before the flight if you want to kill time.

Visit Greece | From the airport to Athens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.