Status match with UA 1K

Old Oct 21, 19, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Status match with UA 1K

Hello. Any chance of status match to UA 1K with 100K miles already scheduled/paid for 2020 year.
Old Oct 21, 19, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cagcag View Post
Hello. Any chance of status match to UA 1K with 100K miles already scheduled/paid for 2020 year.
Going to be flying Aegean?
Status matches within an alliance are very uncommon
What do hope/expect Aegean status will do for you?

UA refugee thread--> 2020 MP changes Will you switch loyalty programs? What program will you switch to?

The grass in not always greener on the other side
Old Oct 21, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Going to be flying Aegean?
Status matches within an alliance are very uncommon
What do hope/expect Aegean status will do for you?

I am 1MM hence life-long *Gold. Under the new MP system, my 100K miles will earn about 24K "new" miles under UA; I was hoping for sonething better in a partner program. Located outside of USA, I didn't have to worry about spend--now of course I am losing my 1K in 2021.

UA refugee thread--> 2020 MP changes Will you switch loyalty programs? What program will you switch to?

The grass in not always greener on the other side
Old Oct 21, 19, 10:08 pm

Looks like OP was left speechless with Mwenenzi's answer
Mwenenzi, Jma12, DELLAS and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 19, 2:41 am

No they dont do matches unless your company has a big enough corporate contract with them. This would be requested through a business manager.
Old Oct 24, 19, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Members of the same alliance never match from a programme of a fellow alliance member.

It makes no sense to do so - your UA 1K status is already recognised by Aegean. They don't need to give you status in Miles+Bonus - as Star Alliance members, they recognise the status you hold in UA's programme.
Old Oct 25, 19, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Members of the same alliance never match from a programme of a fellow alliance member.
Not true, actually. Turkish Airlines did a huge status match campaign a few years ago and matched many A3 Gold Members, myself included, to their Elite Tier (also *G)
Old Oct 25, 19, 5:20 am

I'm wondering if there is a way to get an account statement from Aegean? Other airlines send a letter / a PDF with details of segments flown.
I can see the "my transactions" menu, but can't see a way to download the details (except making a messy screen capture).
Old Oct 25, 19, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by LacMajeur View Post
I'm wondering if there is a way to get an account statement from Aegean? Other airlines send a letter / a PDF with details of segments flown.
I can see the "my transactions" menu, but can't see a way to download the details (except making a messy screen capture).
I used to copy-paste into an Excel spreadsheet. I gave this up, though, as after doing it for several years, I could no longer see a real reason for being for such a resource.
Old Oct 25, 19, 5:49 am

I guess that applying for a status match would require sending some form of an account statement?

(My life might change a bit next year, pushing me from using a Star Alliance hub to a Oneworld hub.)
Old Oct 25, 19, 5:53 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
A3 has, by and large, stopped doing status matches. One might conclude this is because they got their fingers burnt before, which led to the considerable revamp of the M+B program when re-qualification targets became much tougher (although still not tough!).

Many of those scars came about because of matches to residents of North America, who then used their Gold cards to access lounges and perhaps never set foot in Europe, let alone on Aegean metal.

Consequently a status match request from a NA resident, within the alliance, already holding UA 1K (*G) status, is pretty likely to be at the bottom end of attractiveness for A3, I'm afraid.
Old Oct 25, 19, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HiroshimaFlyer View Post
Not true, actually. Turkish Airlines did a huge status match campaign a few years ago and matched many A3 Gold Members, myself included, to their Elite Tier (also *G)
Ah, well there are exceptions to every rule, but I assume that "campaign" is now over, and there is no current exception open to the OP.
Old Oct 25, 19, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LacMajeur View Post
Why not print to PDF?
Old Oct 25, 19, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by HiroshimaFlyer View Post
TK will still offer it on a case by case basis through a local sales office.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:17 pm

Programs: united, delta, british
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post

It makes no sense to do so - your UA 1K status is already recognised by Aegean. They don't need to give you status in Miles+Bonus - as Star Alliance members, they recognise the status you hold in UA's programme.
Do they do this even if you are now collecting miles in a different program? For example, I will now collect miles on Lufthansa but my status was earned through United. When I book on Aegean (or any other SA airline) can I earn my miles on Lufthansa but still use my gold status benefits earned on Unietd?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: