Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Schedule change on NH award ticket prompts re-issue: superb CS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change on NH award ticket prompts re-issue: superb CS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
Thumbs up Schedule change on NH award ticket prompts re-issue: superb CS

A few months ago, I purchased a one-way award on NH using M&B miles from BKK to HND for this coming Saturday, 2 November. Last week I received email notification from Aegean about a schedule change (NH moved the departure time up by about 30 minutes). The email requested that I respond confirming my receipt of the email and acknowledging that I was aware of the time change. I did so and, to my surprise, received a personalized response within just a few minutes thanking me for my reply and advising me of new ticket details as, due to the schedule change, a new ticket had been issued. I have never encountered the need for a ticket re-issue due to a schedule change that didn't involve either a change also in date or flight number, but I was so impressed with the speed, courtesy, and professionalism of this interaction. A3 is a real class act!

Living in Japan I don't have much opportunity to interact with A3, but I look forward to flying with them the next time I'm in Europe. Just wanted to share my positive experience...
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I received a "schedule change" for an upcoming cancelled UA AMS-IAD this winter (which I posted about at the time of booking for other reasons); they had proposed a new connecting itinerary, again on UA, via Newark. I was a little annoyed as it means I must now leave substantially earlier, and arrive later; I initially called and asked if I could move the arrival airport from IAD to DCA - given that I had to connect, and lost so much time, it would make things easier to at least be rebooked to the airport much closer to the city. They were adamant that they couldn't change the destination of the ticket, and although I pointed out that IAD and DCA are both under the metropolitan area code WAS, and that United serves DCA with an almost similar frequency as they do IAD, they refused to change to an EWR-DCA connection.

I looked around and, unfortunately, could find no better connection to book using miles, so eventually accepted the change, this time via email (as the OP did). I will grant A3 this much - they did rebook me onto a United flight from AMS-EWR that was not showing any mileage availability on their website; but whether this was proactively offered by UA in recognition of the cancellation of their IAD-AMS from 7 weekly to 4 weekly, or requested by A3, I do not know.
Tokyoite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.