Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Strasburg flights for requalifying (segments)

Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer

Hello everyone,

I just came across a flight that would be interesting for getting the segments. Don't know if anyone has done it, I'm gonna try it in Februari. Should be my first a3 flights since getting gold.

We all know the eu-ath-eu tickets. Once a months aegean has a Brussels flights through Strasburg. Would it count for 3 segments? Could be a fast one to rack up segments for requalifying.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:41 pm

If it's one flight number with one boarding pass, it's one segment. Two separate flight numbers with two separate boarding passes, it's two segments.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
The only way to make it 3 segments would be to have 2 separate bookings I think.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:00 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It's one flight with stopover, so it will credit as one.

I doubt the second segment would be bookable separately. Does A3 have fifth freedom rights on that route?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:06 am

It's within the EU. Any EU airline has third, fourth, fifth, and five-hundred-and-forty-seventh-freedom rights on all routes within the EU.
Carpacchio, DELLAS and irishguy28 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It's one flight with stopover, so it will credit as one.

I doubt the second segment would be bookable separately. Does A3 have fifth freedom rights on that route?
It's bookable separately
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:31 am

Independent of "freedoms" and whether both legs of a flight with a "technical stop" (in this case, the "technical stop" is due to a session of the European parliament) are bookable separately, for M&B purposes (including miles awarded) it counts as a single flight. Has always been like that.
@Yreal: At any rate, a flight SXB-BRU is NOT bookable through the A3 site, which OLTA offers this?
:D! and DELLAS like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Independent of "freedoms" and whether both legs of a flight with a "technical stop" (in this case, the "technical stop" is due to a session of the European parliament) are bookable separately, for M&B purposes (including miles awarded) it counts as a single flight. Has always been like that.
@Yreal: At any rate, a flight SXB-BRU is NOT bookable through the A3 site, which OLTA offers this?
I was wrong, you can only book ath-sxb. Guess that settles it then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.