Avianca earns status miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Avianca earns status miles?

Hello,

Avianca is the only airline listed in the earnings chart
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../all-airlines/
without a Star Alliance logo. Why is that?

Are there any restrictions in status recognition? Earnings of status miles? Something else?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
That's a good catch on the logo. No clue why that is
A couple of years ago I got tier/status miles flying AV, no issues (See below). The first segment did not post automatically, i had to send in BP's and flight details for the mileage to credit.

Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:18 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Avianca, and all subsidiaries, has been a member of Star Alliance since 2012 - A3's IT is certainly taking a while to catch up with this one!

There won't be any restrictions on status benefits which will be covered under the *A umbrella, and earnings are obviously per the chart. I believe the logo has been missing for a long while, so it's probably a coding error rather than anything suspicious.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:34 pm

Avianca Brazil is about to exit Star Alliance. That could be the reason as both Avianca and Avianca Brazil are listed under the same earnings.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedChili
Avianca Brazil is about to exit Star Alliance. That could be the reason as both Avianca and Avianca Brazil are listed under the same earnings.
Interesting.

It wasn't into I delved a little further that I found out that Adria Airways (Slovenia) went bankrupt yesterday. So there goes another member of Star Alliance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.