Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

10,000 Aeroplan - any ideas to transfer to Agean Mile+Bonus

Old Aug 20, 19, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

I just got credited 10,000 miles with Aeroplan. Anyway I can transfer that over to Agean's Mile+Bonus? I don't know what I was thinking - I should have signed up for Aegean before. Any help would be appreciated because you are so smart at this!!!
Old Aug 20, 19, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oceanle View Post
I just got credited 10,000 miles with Aeroplan. Anyway I can transfer that over to Agean's Mile+Bonus? I don't know what I was thinking - I should have signed up for Aegean before. Any help would be appreciated because you are so smart at this!!!
No. Generally frequent flyer miles/points in 1 ffp cannot be moved/transferred to another ffp.
A few exceptions
  • Avios can be moved between the ffp's of airlines owned by IAG ( BA, IB , IE)
  • Between VA--->SQ, and SQ-->VA, at a bad rate (big loss of value)
  • may be others?

You can you use Aeroplan ff miles on partner airlines, including Agean

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
oceanle likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Once you've chosen to credit miles to a certain programme, your miles are basically stuck there.

There are many perfectly good ways to spend Aeroplan miles, so you're better off sticking with AC...
Tokyoite and oceanle like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post

Be mindful of expiry Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.
Thanks for posting that link. A very useful resource.
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:57 pm

In Q3 2012 an Aegean agent at check-in in ATH (!) mistakenly registered me with Lufthansa's Miles and More instead of Aegean's Miles&Bonus. I was able after a couple of phone calls to send a fax to Lufthansa with the request to cancel my account and send the miles over to Aegean, which came through very nicely. (I had a paid Business class ticket that got me 2000 miles and the registration also gave me 2000 miles, the first qualification was made almost too easily during the following 12 months)
Of course a lot has changed since 2012, especially the willingness of many people/airlines to actually help customers, but who knows...
Old Aug 22, 19, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
live and learn.
those miles are stuck in Aeroplan, I am afraid.

Search this Thread