no-show for 2nd leg of an award ticket

Old Aug 16, 19, 1:52 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 345
no-show for 2nd leg of an award ticket

As some of you know it well, ticket with more than one-leg can cost fewer miles. I have such an award ticket and have no intention to fly the 2nd leg.

What will be the impact? EUR 30 for no-show fee? or Miles+Bonus will close my account? Miles+Bonus will re-price the award and charge me more miles?

I still have quite some miles in my account so I don't want to risk it.

Thanks.
freed0m is online now  
Old Aug 16, 19, 1:55 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PAS, Paros Greece
Programs: A3 *G
Posts: 1,031
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
As some of you know it well, ticket with more than one-leg can cost fewer miles. I have such an award ticket and have no intention to fly the 2nd leg.

What will be the impact? EUR 30 for no-show fee? or Miles+Bonus will close my account? Miles+Bonus will re-price the award and charge me more miles?

I still have quite some miles in my account so I don't want to risk it.

Thanks.
Are you talking about an A3 award or a *A award?

In the former case, I've never seen a situation where it can be cheaper booking two legs - they usually (always?) just add up the required miles for each flight.

In the latter, it's done by zones so unless you've found one of those tickets that pass through a more expensive zone before returning, it's likely to be the same price. Some idea of your actual itinerary would be helpful to answer the question.
Knobbgb is offline  
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:00 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 345
Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
Are you talking about an A3 award or a *A award?

In the former case, I've never seen a situation where it can be cheaper booking two legs - they usually (always?) just add up the required miles for each flight.

In the latter, it's done by zones so unless you've found one of those tickets that pass through a more expensive zone before returning, it's likely to be the same price. Some idea of your actual itinerary would be helpful to answer the question.
*A award. It can be cheaper because Miles+Bonus allows you to cross regions when booking online. e.g. you can do A-B-C where A and C are in the same region and B in another region. so A-B-C is cheaper than A-B.
freed0m is online now  
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:08 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PAS, Paros Greece
Programs: A3 *G
Posts: 1,031
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
*A award. It can be cheaper because Miles+Bonus allows you to cross regions when booking online. e.g. you can do A-B-C where A and C are in the same region and B in another region. so A-B-C is cheaper than A-B.
That's what I thought. They're quite rare, but one I've seen is IST-BKK-CMB. I've no idea what A3 would do in this case, but I'd guess they'd be totally in their rights to charge you the additional miles. I don't think they'd just close your account - there could be a legitimate reason why you decided not to take the second flight. Now if you did it repeatedly....
Knobbgb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread