no-show for 2nd leg of an award ticket

Old Aug 16, 19, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
no-show for 2nd leg of an award ticket

As some of you know it well, ticket with more than one-leg can cost fewer miles. I have such an award ticket and have no intention to fly the 2nd leg.

What will be the impact? EUR 30 for no-show fee? or Miles+Bonus will close my account? Miles+Bonus will re-price the award and charge me more miles?

I still have quite some miles in my account so I don't want to risk it.

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 19, 1:55 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
As some of you know it well, ticket with more than one-leg can cost fewer miles. I have such an award ticket and have no intention to fly the 2nd leg.

What will be the impact? EUR 30 for no-show fee? or Miles+Bonus will close my account? Miles+Bonus will re-price the award and charge me more miles?

I still have quite some miles in my account so I don't want to risk it.

Thanks.
Are you talking about an A3 award or a *A award?

In the former case, I've never seen a situation where it can be cheaper booking two legs - they usually (always?) just add up the required miles for each flight.

In the latter, it's done by zones so unless you've found one of those tickets that pass through a more expensive zone before returning, it's likely to be the same price. Some idea of your actual itinerary would be helpful to answer the question.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
Are you talking about an A3 award or a *A award?

In the former case, I've never seen a situation where it can be cheaper booking two legs - they usually (always?) just add up the required miles for each flight.

In the latter, it's done by zones so unless you've found one of those tickets that pass through a more expensive zone before returning, it's likely to be the same price. Some idea of your actual itinerary would be helpful to answer the question.
*A award. It can be cheaper because Miles+Bonus allows you to cross regions when booking online. e.g. you can do A-B-C where A and C are in the same region and B in another region. so A-B-C is cheaper than A-B.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:08 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
*A award. It can be cheaper because Miles+Bonus allows you to cross regions when booking online. e.g. you can do A-B-C where A and C are in the same region and B in another region. so A-B-C is cheaper than A-B.
That's what I thought. They're quite rare, but one I've seen is IST-BKK-CMB. I've no idea what A3 would do in this case, but I'd guess they'd be totally in their rights to charge you the additional miles. I don't think they'd just close your account - there could be a legitimate reason why you decided not to take the second flight. Now if you did it repeatedly....

Search this Thread