I bid on an upgrade, can I still check-in?

Old Aug 12, 19, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many
I bid on an upgrade, can I still check-in?

I haven't received an email re. whether or not they have accepted by upgrade bid or rejected it. If I check-in to my Y seats will it preclude me from getting the upgrade? Should I hold off on the check-in until they email me? When should I expect it? I read t+30, but we are at t+25 now...
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:33 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I haven't received an email re. whether or not they have accepted by upgrade bid or rejected it. If I check-in to my Y seats will it preclude me from getting the upgrade? Should I hold off on the check-in until they email me? When should I expect it? I read t+30, but we are at t+25 now...
Give them a call to make sure. The call center is extremely helpful.
Old Aug 12, 19, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Bid was rejected just as I called them.
Old Aug 12, 19, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Called the help desk. The flight is wide open. They told me there's no way for them to "upgrade" for $ (so sensible!) The woman told me to make an upgrade bid on the website since there are seatsail av. I told her I made, what I thought was a decent bid (95e/seat) for DME-SKG, and the system declined it. She couldn't figure out why the system would do that as apparently there are open seats, no pending bids and the flight is wide open. I suppose i'll try at the airport?
Old Aug 14, 19, 4:53 am

As far as I remember, bids are made final and either accepted or rejected up to 2 hours before the online check-in opens, so at t-50h. I don't think there ever was a possibility to place any bids past that point.

Search this Thread