A3 *S -> *G + Aegean flights question

Old Aug 7, 19, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Aegean
Question A3 *S -> *G + Aegean flights question

Im trying to get the A3 gold using the aegean flight reduced mileage amount as I don't fly expensve tickets but I can fly *A most of the time and would like lounge access.

Im a little confused at something I read Im wondering if someone can clarify - at the travel deal blog https://travel-dealz.eu/blog/star-al...-and-6-flights

There was a caution under qualifying which read;

Careful: Flights and tier miles collected before you become a silver member will not be considered anymore on your way from Silver to Gold. The count will be reset once you obtained Silver status
I still have 616 miles + 2 aegean flights to qualify for *S, so my plan is to fly from CPT (my home airport)-IST and then IST-ATH on A3 return. I do have a few days though and could fly 4 more Aegean flights so that I would have flown 6 A3 flights for *G, but Im concerned that if my card is not upgraded from Blue to silver those flights would be deemed as flown under blue and wouldn't count towards *G. Anyone have experience of this??
Old Aug 7, 19, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by byrnesyliam View Post
I still have 616 miles + 2 aegean flights to qualify for *S, so my plan is to fly from CPT (my home airport)-IST and then IST-ATH on A3 return. I do have a few days though and could fly 4 more Aegean flights so that I would have flown 6 A3 flights for *G, but Im concerned that if my card is not upgraded from Blue to silver those flights would be deemed as flown under blue and wouldn't count towards *G. Anyone have experience of this??
You don't need to worry.

You can make things clearer by refraining from taking any further flights on the date of the flight that pushes you from Blue to Silver; but this is not strictly necessary. (It may, however, require you to call up and sort it out with an agent just in case the system gets confused and doesn't post things correctly).

The "sectors" that got you from Blue to Silver cannot also get your from Silver to Gold. Regardles of when they are taken and how they post, the system should handle things correctly.
Old Aug 8, 19, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Im trying to get the A3 gold using the aegean flight reduced mileage amount as I don't fly expensve tickets but I can fly *A most of the time and would like lounge access.

Im a little confused at something I read Im wondering if someone can clarify - at the travel deal blog https://travel-dealz.eu/blog/star-al...-and-6-flights

There was a caution under qualifying which read;

safest way is not to put any frequent flyer number on the tickets, and then retro claim on Aegean website (21 days after flight)
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
safest way is not to put any frequent flyer number on the tickets, and then retro claim on Aegean website (21 days after flight)
Does anyone have experience of how quickly Aegean posts A3 and TK miles and how quickly after posting the system computes status upgrades?

the reason is that I have IST-LAX-KOA (long) 5 days after and would love to have the *A G status for luggage allowance.

Last edited by byrnesyliam; Aug 8, 19 at 5:16 am Reason: Add info
Old Aug 8, 19, 5:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.

Does anyone have experience of how quickly Aegean posts A3 and TK miles and how quickly after posting the system computes status upgrades?

the reason is that I have IST-LAX-KOA (long) 5 days after and would love to have the *A G status for luggage allowance.
please check this thread. search within the thread + check out the wiki at the top.
'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account
Old Aug 8, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

When I flew TK last month, it took 4 days for TK miles to post.

IIRC, A3 upgrades the membership to Gold within 24 hours. It has been many years since my last upgrade though
Old Aug 8, 19, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
please check this thread. search within the thread + check out the wiki at the top.
'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account
Many Thanks, very grateful for all the input on this thread so far...

Search this Thread