Searching for Awards on Aegean

Old Aug 2, 19, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Searching for Awards on Aegean

To Whom It May Concern:

I am contemplating buying miles and using them for a flight this month.

However, before buying, I'd like to see if the flights I want are available on the dates I want them. To find out, I tried to buy a flight with miles (fully knowing that I do not have enough miles.) When I clicked on the date that I want, the website does not let me go any further, siting that I do not have enough miles.

Thus, all I know is that a flight is available that day, and for the least amount of miles, but I do not know what airline company is available, what class it's available at, nor the flight time.

Is there any way to acquire all this information before buying miles?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 2, 19, 6:01 am

Programs: Alaska
You can ask here. Someone with enough miles may do you a favour and check for you.
Old Aug 3, 19, 7:40 am
Original Poster

I'm sure there are people generous enough to do that on this forum but that would be an inconvinience to others as well as to myself.

I guess the best way is to look for availability on other sites (ie United) and then call Aegean. I hope their phone rep is good.

Does that sound like a good plan?
Old Aug 3, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by AirMika View Post
I'm sure there are people generous enough to do that on this forum but that would be an inconvinience to others as well as to myself.

I guess the best way is to look for availability on other sites (ie United) and then call Aegean. I hope their phone rep is good.

Does that sound like a good plan?
Yes, that would work. Aegean's agents are really very good at dealing with things quickly over the phone.

However, it doesn't cost members to search for award flights, I'm sure somebody here would be more than happy to help.
Old Aug 3, 19, 11:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G
but that would be an inconvinience to others as well as to myself.
Well, when I'm bored I sometimes pass an hour looking at what award flights I WOULD take next week if I had time off work... I find it strangely therapeutic. So, don't be afraid to ask...
trooper and Sir Pretender like this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 1:31 am
Original Poster

I find it theraputic too. Strange...We flyers are a weird bunch...
Old Aug 5, 19, 1:50 am
Original Poster

There's a lot more availability searching on United than on Aegean.

For example, there are flights from NRT to GVA on 8/11, but it's completely blacked out on Aegean.

Will I be able to get what I want if I call them?
Old Aug 5, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.

For example, there are flights from NRT to GVA on 8/11, but it's completely blacked out on Aegean.

hi. Ymmv. No problem in calling and asking. But you’ll need the miles before you can do anything more. You also may get an agent who doesn’t understand why you call to book without having the miles in your account.
If your dates and preferred route is decided, you can share and anyone of us can show you what’s available on the website.
Old Aug 5, 19, 3:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold

8th november or 11th august?
Old Aug 5, 19, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yauee View Post
8th november or 11th august?
On August 11, 2019. NRT to GVA on Swiss. Dep 1010, Arr 1900.

Thank you
Old Aug 5, 19, 4:12 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
There is a way to search awards even if you don't have enough miles for the flight.

After inputting the flight details the system shows the calendar of available fares but from here you are not allowed to continue if you do not have enough miles.

(When viewing on desktop)
If you look to the right side there is a Down Arrow " ˅ " , next to the routing you searched e.g JFK - LAX ,
click the " ˅ ​"​​​​​​ and you'll see another search function / filter panel.
Unclick the +/- 30 days check box
And then click search again.

Voila, you'll then see the flight options available for that specific day.
This also works in the mobile app. You just need to click down arrow to see the search panel.
irishguy28, i_gtgo, eugnk and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by lsed View Post
There is a way to search awards even if you don't have enough miles for the flight.

After inputting the flight details the system shows the calendar of available fares but from here you are not allowed to continue if you do not have enough miles.
My god, you are a genius! Thank you!
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
My god, you are a genius! Thank you!
+1

There is less availabitliy compared to United. Has anyone called Aegean for this before? "I saw this flight available on reward search on United. Can you give me the same even if I don't see it on your website?"

Still...A lot better than Avianca.
Old Aug 5, 19, 5:18 pm

Programs: *S(A3), Marriott Plat, AS MVP, BA, AP, DL, KE
+1

There is less availabitliy compared to United. Has anyone called Aegean for this before? "I saw this flight available on reward search on United. Can you give me the same even if I don't see it on your website?"

Still...A lot better than Avianca.
Yes, in general, A3 has less space award space compare to other *A program. Probably due to it's limited network in *A.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:39 am

I have a question that is related to the topic. From miles and bonus webpage, if I go to spend miles then I cannot see airports that other StarAlliance carriers perform flights, is there a way to see them?

And if I search them on United, how can I calculate the miles needed for Aegean(because the miles shown are for their program right?)

Search this Thread