Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Searching for Awards on Aegean

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lsed
There is a way to search awards even if you don't have enough miles for the flight.
This is amazing! Thank you for sharing. How have we not known all this time?!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Anubis13
I have a question that is related to the topic. From miles and bonus webpage, if I go to spend miles then I cannot see airports that other StarAlliance carriers perform flights, is there a way to see them?

And if I search them on United, how can I calculate the miles needed for Aegean(because the miles shown are for their program right?)
1) I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Pretty much every airport should be there but there have been some found to be missing. What you might mean is this sometimes the system assumes you will be taking an Olympic flight (if the start airport is served by them) and will thus not allow an award to a non-Aegean destination from there. A specific example: I just tried to look up Larnaca, Cyprus to Bangkok and the system informed me that this must be done as two separate bookings as Olympic flights can't be combined with other *A carriers than A3. What I actually had in mind though was Lufthansa LCA-FRA-BKK, but I can't check this. Is that what you mean?

2) The mileage required for Aegean rewards on *A carriers is standardised by 'zone' and is given here: https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...#star-alliance For awards actually flown on A3/OA it is based on actual mileage and is shown when you try to make a booking.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
1) I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Pretty much every airport should be there but there have been some found to be missing. What you might mean is this sometimes the system assumes you will be taking an Olympic flight (if the start airport is served by them) and will thus not allow an award to a non-Aegean destination from there. A specific example: I just tried to look up Larnaca, Cyprus to Bangkok and the system informed me that this must be done as two separate bookings as Olympic flights can't be combined with other *A carriers than A3. What I actually had in mind though was Lufthansa LCA-FRA-BKK, but I can't check this. Is that what you mean?

2) The mileage required for Aegean rewards on *A carriers is standardised by 'zone' and is given here: https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...#star-alliance For awards actually flown on A3/OA it is based on actual mileage and is shown when you try to make a booking.
Hi Knobb,

from miles and bonus web site, I cannot search for the Original poster's search, gva-nrt. Can you? I can find gva as an airport but not nrt because aegean does not fly there. But for example I am pretty sure there is GVA-FRA-NRT. What am I missing? I am pretty sure if i search the GVA-NRT on UA it will give me results.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:28 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have no problem searching for NRT, maybe it helps to search for 'Tokyo' instead of NRT?

Anubis13 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I find it very unfortunate that they removed the possibility to search for flights to NYC.
Now you have to look up JFK, EWR, and LGA separately...

Would be much easier if they had NYC, TYO, etc.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
It is a well known problem: Booking an open-jaw ("more options") would only allow A3/OA routings. For normal one-way or return trips, all *A destinations can be selected.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Anubis13
Hi Knobb,

from miles and bonus web site, I cannot search for the Original poster's search, gva-nrt. Can you? I can find gva as an airport but not nrt because aegean does not fly there. But for example I am pretty sure there is GVA-FRA-NRT. What am I missing? I am pretty sure if i search the GVA-NRT on UA it will give me results.
It sounds like you are mixing up the "Miles calculator" (which only applies to Aegean and Olympic routes) with the actual award booking tool (which handles all *A bookable routes).

See below.
Attached Images   
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:41 am

Hi guys,

I was in the proper page but the calendar was blocked by adblocker and I was trying the more options instead of roundtrip as shown by irishguy28. I found some very interesting flights. Thank you Xandrio and irishguy28.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by lsed
There is a way to search awards even if you don't have enough miles for the flight.

After inputting the flight details the system shows the calendar of available fares but from here you are not allowed to continue if you do not have enough miles.

(When viewing on desktop)
If you look to the right side there is a Down Arrow " ˅ " , next to the routing you searched e.g JFK - LAX ,
click the " ˅ ​"​​​​​​ and you'll see another search function / filter panel.
Unclick the +/- 30 days check box
And then click search again.
Where is that page with a +/- 30 days option? I only find an award booking page where I have to check for each day individually.
TNX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.