FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Night in ATH, suggestions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1979851-night-ath-suggestions.html)

jumpallover Jul 24, 19 1:56 am

Night in ATH, suggestions?
 
Hi all,
I am arriving in ATH at 1.00AM and the next flight will be at 6.50AM. First flight A3 J, second OA J (ATH -> HER), A3*S.
I wouldn't mind wandering around the terminal for some time before hitting a lounge.
Question is: with an OA J ticket, which lounges am I allowed to visit? I also have some lounge coupons remaining for ATH in case. I am just scared about the operating hours...
Any cool reccommendations?
Thanks a lot!

headingwest Jul 24, 19 2:17 am


Originally Posted by jumpallover (Post 31336123)
Hi all,
I am arriving in ATH at 1.00AM and the next flight will be at 6.50AM. First flight A3 J, second OA J (ATH -> HER), A3*S.
I wouldn't mind wandering around the terminal for some time before hitting a lounge.
Question is: with an OA J ticket, which lounges am I allowed to visit? I also have some lounge coupons remaining for ATH in case. I am just scared about the operating hours...
Any cool reccommendations?
Thanks a lot!

You will only have access to Aegean's lounge, as Olympic Air is not a Star Alliance member. I believe that even when travelling on a business class flight, you will still not be able to enter the Lufthansa Lounge. That said, I was pleasantly surprised by how much Aegean's lounge has improved in the last year or so. Opening time is 3 a.m., so you won't have to wander around the terminal for too long!

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info.../lounges-info/

jumpallover Jul 24, 19 3:07 am


Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 31336150)
You will only have access to Aegean's lounge, as Olympic Air is not a Star Alliance member. I believe that even when travelling on a business class flight, you will still not be able to enter the Lufthansa Lounge. That said, I was pleasantly surprised by how much Aegean's lounge has improved in the last year or so. Opening time is 3 a.m., so you won't have to wander around the terminal for too long!

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info.../lounges-info/

That's great, yeah I know that lounge quite well and I like it (hopefully I'll be able to take a quick nap). Thanks a bunch, I'll let you know how it goes!

KLouis Jul 24, 19 9:31 am

If you belong to those who can afford some extra kick, book a room at the Sofitel. You won't be able to enjoy their excellent breakfast (IIRC they serve from 6:30 on), but you can spend a half hour or more in their excellent showers! :D

Knobbgb Jul 24, 19 11:59 am


Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 31337185)
If you belong to those who can afford some extra kick, book a room at the Sofitel. You won't be able to enjoy their excellent breakfast (IIRC they serve from 6:30 on), but you can spend a half hour or more in their excellent showers! :D

Wow, that's some expensive shower!

Note that the lounge opening hours revert to 4am at the end of the summer season , whenever that is officially.

You don't say where you're arriving from. If it's within Schengen you can stay airside. There isn't so much to see outside the secure area really, unless you fancy a breath of fresh air. The airside seats are more conducive to sleeping too (no arms) wheres the ones outside all have arms designed to stop that. If you do have to re-clear security, it's open all night so you'll have no problem getting airside to hit the lounge at 3am.

jumpallover Jul 24, 19 1:58 pm


Originally Posted by Knobbgb (Post 31337769)
Wow, that's some expensive shower!

Note that the lounge opening hours revert to 4am at the end of the summer season , whenever that is officially.

You don't say where you're arriving from. If it's within Schengen you can stay airside. There isn't so much to see outside the secure area really, unless you fancy a breath of fresh air. The airside seats are more conducive to sleeping too (no arms) wheres the ones outside all have arms designed to stop that. If you do have to re-clear security, it's open all night so you'll have no problem getting airside to hit the lounge at 3am.

You are right, I missed the crucial info, doh! BTW it's intra-Schengen, thanks for your hints! :)

jumpallover Aug 10, 19 4:12 am

Just as a feedback: A3 lounge in ATH opened at 3.00AM sharp. I went left where the red couches are located and I slept very well (there are also two big pillows)! Also, I asked the lady at the front desk if she could wake me up in case I missed my alarm and she smiled and said "of course I will" :)
Truth is that there are several good spots to nap in the gate areas just in front of the lounge. I found those "ergonomic chairs" pretty cool.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:45 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.