Wiki Posts
Search

A3 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
A3 Pricing

Was searching flights from ATH/SKG to CDG in early September. I found that A3's departure in the next two weeks are particularly cheap, whilst flights that are 3 weeks - 6 weeks later are relatively much more expensive. Seems the same with other airlines. I am pretty flexible with the flights. Is my observation correct that A3 seems to sell more seats at cheaper rate closer to departure dates?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: A3 *G
I don't believe that is the case, other than the occasional sales they have. Generally the pricing moves up through the fare buckets and only ever becomes more expensive.

Although now is peak season for tourists, September is also VERY busy. Many people who have been here for the whole season are returning home to the north as well as lots of students going back to university. I usually notice the biggest difference between northbound and southbound fares in September. It does seem a bit off that they are 'cheap' now though. Of course, the picture is changing each year with new competitors and 'low cost' services direct to islands so A3 don't always get it right I guess.

Lots of people buy 'flex' tickets so sometimes you might see cheaper fares if a lot of people suddenly change plans, but if it were me - I'd book now.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
I see your point. Since A3 is a traditional airlines, price goes up through fare bucket. Do you know whether it's the same case for LCC in Greece? I have seen Transavia having good price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.