ATH-CFU Jul 26th Change of equipment, C->Y

Old Jun 26, 19, 7:00 am
Original Poster

ATH-CFU Jul 26th Change of equipment, C->Y

Hello

I have booked an itinary from HEL to CFU via TA, with LH ticket number.
My A3 7282 / OA 282 flight got equipment change, from A320 to DHC-8, which means that there is no C.

Ms received a call from TA about it. They told about the change but said there is no compensation due to "special price" in Z (from their side I suppose)
There are A320 flights later same day with C.

What are our options right now? Can we expect compensation from A3? Did we lost our lounge access in ATH? Could we change the flight?
Would be great to sort this out before the trip or have a plan how to act at ATH, so I don't have to ruin our holiday.

Any advice?

BR, FR
Old Jun 26, 19, 8:31 am

Can't really help you, only say that one hour in Y will not ruin your holiday, so try to cool down. Anyway, if your ticket is in C, you'll still get lounge access.
Old Jun 26, 19, 10:23 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Fellow FTers please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't EU261 kick in here? This is an involuntary class downgrade, not caused by factors beyond the airline's control. Meaning that you are entitled to a partial refund, 30% of the price I think.

Last edited by East_and_West; Jun 26, 19 at 10:36 am
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:07 pm

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Only if departure is within 2 weeks. Before that, the OP can choose to not accept the change and be refunded instead.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:21 pm

I believe that EU261 could not be applied here because it's one month ahead.
To the point, is the new ticket in C? Because the new flight has no C seats. So could it be that they don't get lounge access as well?
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I would expect that the ticket is going to be reissued in one of the economy booking classes and thus there is not going to be lounge access.
As there are no alternative flights (at about the same time) I think it's gonna come down to accepting the change.
Maybe you could ask Aegean for lounge vouchers if that is that important to you.
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
If C is sufficiently important, OP can ask TA to be rebooked on a later flight that has C.

Search this Thread