Downgrade on Award Ticket

Old Jun 24, 19, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Downgrade on Award Ticket

I booked an A3 Award on TG F, KIX-BKK-LHR. Now TG changed BKK-LHR to 777 with no F Class and i was informed cbout the downgrade to C. Offers proposed are either to fly in C and get the mileage difference refunded or to get a full refund.
As from my understanding I would have the Right to be transported in F, correct? So they should offer an alternative Routing?
My concerns are, that if I accept the Downgrade in C, ticket will be reissued and i'll probably end up paying more as A3 does calculate each leg individually when using different classes.
What would you do?
Old Jun 24, 19, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
If you want to travel in F, then work with TG to rebook on an alternate date where TG can give you F. However, given the rapid disappearance of F across all airlines, this is probably not going to be possible.

As much as you might like to insist, there is no requirement for them or for A3 to rebook you on an alternate routing/airline in F....unless you have done your research and have found an alternate proposal, in F, available to book via the A3 booking tool for example.

Note that A3 often proposes mixed-class bookings for which the price is based on all travel being in the higher cabin, so to get the offer of having miles refunded is already a good one and one that I, personally, would take.
Old Jun 24, 19, 8:00 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
I find A3 very rigid on this kind of issues... recently my award was affected by OZ's F removal and the only option I got from A3 is to cancel and refund. I insisted to downgrade to J, solution proposed by OZ as well, so I can keep my F seats (F became business suites on OZ but bookable only with cash) and they still refused to do so... after many escalations and emails sent between A3, me and OZ, they finally agreed to downgrade me and not to cancel and refund. However, it took them +1month to reissue the ticket... The only good part is that the difference of the miles were credited back in my account immediately after I received the new etix.

Search this Thread