Double miles with booking.com

Old May 19, 19, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Double miles with booking.com

Hi there

Following the recent email of 14th May regarding the double miles promotion with booking.com, does anyone know whether the offer applies to existing booking.com reservations or only new ones made following the email?Earn double award miles for your upcoming hotel stays during 2019!Book your stay until 28.05.2019 and earn 4 award miles for every 1 spent on your accommodation.

* Bookings up until 28.05.2019 Stays up until 31.12.2019
Old May 19, 19, 3:37 am

Programs: A3 *G
Here's the T&C. The offer's valid for bookings made from 14th May to 28th May. It's a shame there's no direct link to this in the email - there usually is with these offers.

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...es-bookingcom/
Old May 20, 19, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Many thanks for that quick reply. Much appreciated.
Old May 20, 19, 12:44 pm

I tried to book something and I am inside the terms but I do not get 4 times the miles. It is mostly 3.x. Anybody seeing the same?
Old May 20, 19, 1:41 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by Anubis13 View Post
I tried to book something and I am inside the terms but I do not get 4 times the miles. It is mostly 3.x. Anybody seeing the same?
Perhaps they are not paying miles on the taxes charged by the hotel. Or if not in euros they used a different exchange rate to the one you used.
Old May 20, 19, 3:37 pm

No I checked the price in euros and in another currency, miles are the same amount. Good thought about taxes though, which seems also not to add up.

Last edited by Anubis13; May 20, 19 at 3:43 pm
Old May 21, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: A3 *G
I claim award miles via Booking.com a lot and I've never had an issue with hotel taxes. The amount awarded is always double (or whatever) the total cost I paid for the stay. When they've had a similar offer to this in the past I've always got 4x the miles.

I see what you mean about the amount offered not being 4x though. It seems to vary between about 3.6x and 4x on the booking screen. The miles are only actually awarded after the stay, so maybe the full 4x would actually be given, or you could then complain to get the full amount. Or maybe just email them to ask what's going on.

EDIT: City tax! These extra taxes are becoming more and more common. In the past they have often been charged extra to the advertised price on arrival. I checked a few examples of places I've stayed recently and this is now included in the advertised price (as it should be I guess), but when you subtract that amount and do the calculation, the award miles becomes exactly 4x (for the two places I checked at least - Lisbon 2 Euro per person per night, Athens 50c per room per night). So D! is correct.
Anubis13 likes this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 21, 19 at 1:27 am
Old May 21, 19, 6:13 am

Programs: A3 *S, BA
Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
EDIT: City tax! These extra taxes are becoming more and more common. In the past they have often been charged extra to the advertised price on arrival. I checked a few examples of places I've stayed recently and this is now included in the advertised price (as it should be I guess), but when you subtract that amount and do the calculation, the award miles becomes exactly 4x (for the two places I checked at least - Lisbon 2 Euro per person per night, Athens 50c per room per night). So D! is correct.
Yes, the same happened to me. It was not 4x on the full price shown on Booking but then, after removing the city taxes (for 2 people in my case) the count was exactly 4x
Anubis13 likes this.
Old May 21, 19, 1:05 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
there is a new law from EU for those guys which force them to show up the total price in the listings incl all taxes and fees (applicable for airbnb and other similar websites too). In the past those taxes and fees were hidden in a small text somewhere but anyway you paid them.

Search this Thread