Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage runs for A3

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Mileage runs for A3

I have been crediting 99% of my Star Alliance to A3 for last 3 years and more and more I can't find any good fares to get A3 miles cheaply and quickly.

I used to fly a lot to HKG on Youth Tickets by SAS which are still available and good option to get miles however I was curious if any of you guys know some cheap fares ex-Europe to get miles.

I cant find anything in a good price on ET at the moment, searching for a quick trip to JNB, BKK, HKG, even OW from US to VIE used to be way better priced.

How are you getting your miles?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Austrian intra-european business fares (Z or higher) earn 2000 miles per segment, so a r/t in Europe via VIE will get you 8000 miles. SK Plus flights can also be good deals, with 200%/min 1200 earning to A3.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
SAS Plus is still a sweet spot. If that ever goes it will be a lot harder to rack up easy miles for those of us who can't normally afford (or get approval for) C fares.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Are you racking miles for the sake of status, or as part of your normal business/leisure travel commitments?
if the former, it is not cost effective.

anyway, book business class on Thai or Air India from Europe to Sydney and you’ll be done with just one return flight.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Apr 4, 2019 at 4:39 am
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Status is not a problem, I am just trying to get as much as miles I can to book another sweet redemption which I have in mind. I am not a person who would just buy miles, rather want to "fly" them even it costs similar or even a bit more.
salig and Tokyoite like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:17 am

SAS Plus to PVG/PEK and HKG will get over 20K return, more if you are connecting from outside of scandinavia. Particularly good is returning from HKG as that flight is also overnight westbound.

TAP often have excellent one way fares in Business Class that also earn at 200%
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by greenarmy
SAS Plus to PVG/PEK and HKG will get over 20K return, more if you are connecting from outside of scandinavia. Particularly good is returning from HKG as that flight is also overnight westbound.

TAP often have excellent one way fares in Business Class that also earn at 200%
Not an amazing $ per mile on the TP business class fares, but still an enjoyable way to earn them. If you can get on a NYC or MIA flight you can enjoy lie flat on their new product.

I flew DUB BOS recently - older 330 angled flat, but I needed to get to USA and it was $800 USD. Econ options were $500 ish for my dates. Miles (approx 8400) credited within a few days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.