A3 cancelling IST flights 05 Apr & 06 Apr

Old Mar 13, 19, 4:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
A3 cancelling IST flights 05 Apr & 06 Apr

If you are scheduled to fly on an A3 flight ex-IST on 05/06 Apr, make sure to check your booking.

Email from A3 says:

Kindly note that all flights on route Athens-Istanbul- Athens on 05th & 06th of April 2019 are suspended due to the airport transfer process.
Old Mar 13, 19, 5:55 am

Programs: A3 *G
So the move's finally going ahead eh? I was at the new airport two weeks ago and it's quite impressive. It was very eerie taxiing around such a large area with not another aircraft in sight. I couldn't help being reminded of the Stephen King book/film "The Langoliers" - though with very much more modern facilities and unfortunately on an A320 rather than an L1011! Things will be very different come 7th April and I hope it all goes well. The airport is very nice (the small part I saw) and the Turkish Domestic lounge is good - of a similar style to the current lounge but with more limited food/drink offerings. Boarding (at least for now) is direct from the lounge via small minibuses.
Old Mar 13, 19, 4:46 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
Most of airlines are cancelling their IST flights on April 5 and 6, it seems that only airlines with IST as homebase will operate during the transfer process

Search this Thread