Search

collecting miles for paid upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
collecting miles for paid upgrade

dear community.
I had a return flight in booking class P to athens... and won the upgrade challenge to C..
any chance to credit these to TK?....

thnx
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Not quite clear what you mean.

You can only earn miles in one programme - so you can't earn miles for the underlying economy seat in one programme, and the "upgrade" in a second. (i.e. you can't earn two sets of miles - one for "P" and one for "C")

If you have already associated a frequent flyer number (whether for TK's programme or any other *A programme) with the ticket, then the miles for your ticket will end up there.

If you have already associated a frequent flyer number with the ticket, but now wish to change it so the miles end up in TK Miles & Smiles, then this may not work out well.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Thnx Irish.. so i wasnt clear..

I dont have an aegen number. I had my TK gold showing from the first second.. on my BP as well.. but I didnt get any miles.

Now my question : will those flights not be eligible?.. becuase its a cheap light fare and the paid upgrade doesnt get any either?.. or did Turkis just not do it automatically? both likely to be right?

so my question is: can I request miles with TK now? If so... which booking class do I use?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
When crediting to A3 you would only get the miles for the fare that you booked (i.e. P fare) because they don't pay out miles for upgrades using the 'challenge'. That has been discussed in the following thread.

Auctioning of business class seats

From that you can pretty much assume that Aegean will be only paying P fare miles to TK.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:22 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
...and even that is uncertain. You upgraded to a fare in I class which is non-earning. When crediting to Aegean they will credit the previous economy fare (P class in this case), however, when crediting to TK this might be more of a hassle (and/or not possible).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
For the last two A3 flights where I got a paid upgrade via bidding (minimum bid accepted each time!) I didn't even get the credits for the original booking (U, P, T) and had to retro claim the missing miles.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:53 am

Its a known it problem with A3. If you get paid upgrade you have to call them to credit your miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.