Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Athens Half Marathon 2019 - Earn miles from participating

Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...marathon-2019/

Half Marathon Road – 2,100 award miles
5km Road – 500 award miles
3km Road – 500 award miles

Note that the 3K course earns the same as the 5K one.
Pity there isn't a 1K road that will pay me 500 miles after I collapse in a heap due to exhaustion
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by yurtripper
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...marathon-2019/

Half Marathon Road – 2,100 award miles
5km Road – 500 award miles
3km Road – 500 award miles

Note that the 3K course earns the same as the 5K one.
Pity there isn't a 1K road that will pay me 500 miles after I collapse in a heap due to exhaustion
So clearly the optimum is the 3 km race at an amazing 166.667 miles per km. The other two are just 100 miles per km
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
How much is the registration fee?

For those miles, in my condition, it's probably better (and cheaper) to pay for a 'P' fare ticket and sit back, get fed and watered, and relax!!

Last edited by headingwest; Feb 27, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just saw this in my email and thought it was very cool!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:58 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Given the connection between Greece and distance running - Pheidippides running from Marathon to Athens and the introduction of the marathon to the first modern Olympics in 1896 - I thought this was a nice offer. A3 certainly seems to be closer to the traditions of its home country than many other airlines.

In terms of value, best to go for the half marathon distance - €15 entry for 2,100 miles, with the shorter distances garnering only 500 for the €10 fee. Definitely much cheaper than purchasing award miles ...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Given the connection between Greece and distance running - Pheidippides running from Marathon to Athens and the introduction of the marathon to the first modern Olympics in 1896 - I thought this was a nice offer. A3 certainly seems to be closer to the traditions of its home country than many other airlines.

In terms of value, best to go for the half marathon distance - €15 entry for 2,100 miles, with the shorter distances garnering only 500 for the €10 fee. Definitely much cheaper than purchasing award miles ...
Is it going to be required to show up and actually run whichever run option is selected? Given the bib number system mentioned in the terms, it seems like there is a need to show up and do something to use those knees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.