FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   BP from kiosks at FCO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1955224-bp-kiosks-fco.html)

mzzxx11 Feb 8, 2019 6:31 am

BP from kiosks at FCO

Hi all,

I expect to be flying out of FCO on A3.

Does anyone know how early before departure is it possible to print the BP at the self-service kiosks there?.
I know the counters open about 2h prior to departure but I'd like to get it printed a few hours earlier, and I won't have access to a printer.

Cheers

DELLAS Feb 8, 2019 12:41 pm

Mobile phone App you can get digital boarding pass.

mzzxx11 Feb 9, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks for replying.

I'm aware of the A3 app but for technical reasons I might not be able to use it on my phone, hence I'm interested in other means of obtaining the BP early.

So I'll reiterate my question - any idea how soon before the A3 flight can the BP be printed on the kiosks?.

Cheers

747jetter Feb 9, 2019 6:01 pm

If it is available it could be working since check in online or at least the day of departure. However you can always download PDF into your phone and use this if you are afraid about using app.

jumpallover Feb 10, 2019 4:23 am

Originally Posted by mzzxx11 (Post 30753553)
Hi all,

I expect to be flying out of FCO on A3.

Does anyone know how early before departure is it possible to print the BP at the self-service kiosks there?.
I know the counters open about 2h prior to departure but I'd like to get it printed a few hours earlier, and I won't have access to a printer.

Cheers

How soon are you flying? Because I am in the same situation as yours and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get it printed before the counters open.
BTW I'm flying this week so I might get back to you soon.

mzzxx11 Feb 10, 2019 4:42 am

@747jetter: Thanks. I've tried the PDF option before when I flew business with Aegean FCO->ATH. The fasttrack officer pinched the screen to try and zoom in/out but it wasn't picked up by the scanner. It seems like it has to be in a certain size or aspect ratio to work.

@jumpallover: I'm scheduled to fly out of FCO in a week.

Cheers

AlicorporateUK Feb 10, 2019 7:24 am

If A3 is set-up for self check-in at FCO (not all airlines are e.g. OU, as far as I remember), then you should be able to print your boarding pass from midnight onwards. That said, those times I tried with the PDF I never had any issues, this was at T1 and —as I'm sure you’re already aware— you can clear security there as well (just a slightly longer walk towards the D gates/lounge).

G

jumpallover Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mzzxx11 (Post 30760311)
@747jetter: Thanks. I've tried the PDF option before when I flew business with Aegean FCO->ATH. The fasttrack officer pinched the screen to try and zoom in/out but it wasn't picked up by the scanner. It seems like it has to be in a certain size or aspect ratio to work.

@jumpallover: I'm scheduled to fly out of FCO in a week.

Cheers

Nice, I'll try before and let you know :)

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 30760651)
If A3 is set-up for self check-in at FCO (not all airlines are e.g. OU, as far as I remember), then you should be able to print your boarding pass from midnight onwards. That said, those times I tried with the PDF I never had any issues, this was at T1 and —as I'm sure you’re already aware— you can clear security there as well (just a slightly longer walk towards the D gates/lounge).

G

Seems that's true, self check-ins in FCO's T3:
Check-in - Aeroporti di Roma

Anyway, did anyone try the *A new lounge in FCO? It looks great from the pics!

mzzxx11 Feb 14, 2019 3:29 am

I've seen before that FCO webpage regarding the CI options. The issue is that it doesn't mention how early prior to departure the kiosks allow printing the BP. If they open just as early as the counters (~2h before dep.) it's useless.

I've been to the refursbished *A lounge at T3 in Aug. 2018. It was quite spacious and had a decent selection of drinks and snacks. Overall a relaxing venue to stay at before flying.

jumpallover Feb 17, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mzzxx11 (Post 30776971)
I've seen before that FCO webpage regarding the CI options. The issue is that it doesn't mention how early prior to departure the kiosks allow printing the BP. If they open just as early as the counters (~2h before dep.) it's useless.

I've been to the refursbished *A lounge at T3 in Aug. 2018. It was quite spacious and had a decent selection of drinks and snacks. Overall a relaxing venue to stay at before flying.

Ok, I can report that I printed the BP at the kiosks 4 hours before the flight. They are right at the entrance of T3. Hopefully it will work also for you!
The lounge was great! I was alone and at some point, Terence Hill showed up! Have a nice flight ;)

mzzxx11 Feb 19, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks for the update.

I also confirm this: arrived today at FCO 5h prior to departure. BP obtained from the CI kiosk without any issues.
Total duration from entering the T3 departure hall till clearing the fast track security was no more than 10 minuti.
Perfetto :-)

jumpallover Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mzzxx11 (Post 30796049)
Thanks for the update.

I also confirm this: arrived today at FCO 5h prior to departure. BP obtained from the CI kiosk without any issues.
Total duration from entering the T3 departure hall till clearing the fast track security was no more than 10 minuti.
Perfetto :-)

Great :)