Is it cause me problem to do this?

Old Feb 7, 19, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Is it cause me problem to do this?

I have a connection flight with Aegean to Belgrade from Athens but I decide to continue to Singapore after athens, planning to forget about the flights to Belgrade and from Belgrade.
To be honest, I didn't really think throw all of this and already bought all the tickets.
this can cause me troubles to take the flight back from Athens to my country?
What should I do?
Old Feb 7, 19, 8:17 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
Could you please post your exact itinerary ? Also please explain how many tickets do you have for the complete itinerary ?
Old Feb 7, 19, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Could you please post your exact itinerary ? Also please explain how many tickets do you have for the complete itinerary ?
Hi and yes, I have tickets described like this: First way: Tel-Aviv -> Athens -> Belgrade Second way: Belgrade -> Athens -> Tel-Aviv. bought together round-trip
All tickets for Aegean company. I wish to change plans to Tel-Aviv -> Athens -> Singapore Second way: Singapore -> Athens -> Tel-Aviv
I found and bought Athens -> Singapore Singapore -> Athens which suits me. Maybe I was wrong to do this way..
Old Feb 7, 19, 9:19 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 5+ Badge

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
I now understand.
As soon as you miss Athens --> Belgrade, the remaining flights for this ticket will be cancelled, so Belgrade --> Athens --> Tel Aviv. Meaning when you land back from Singapore your ticket for Athens --> Tel Aviv will not exist anymore.
There are no way around this. If the conditions of your ticket Tel-Aviv - Belgrade return allows for it, you should cancel it for a refund. Then buy a ticket Tel-Aviv <--> Athens set up so the outbound is before Athens--> Singapore and the inbound after Singapore--> Athens.
Old Feb 7, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by exeaction View Post
Hi and yes, I have tickets described like this: First way: Tel-Aviv -> Athens -> Belgrade Second way: Belgrade -> Athens -> Tel-Aviv. bought together round-trip
All tickets for Aegean company. I wish to change plans to Tel-Aviv -> Athens -> Singapore Second way: Singapore -> Athens -> Tel-Aviv
I found and bought Athens -> Singapore Singapore -> Athens which suits me. Maybe I was wrong to do this way..
Welcome to FT. Let me know if I got things right. You booked a trip from Tel Aviv (TLV) to Belgrade (BEG) via Athens (ATH) on a SINGLE ticket, with a layover in ATH for a few hours. Not one ticket TLV-ATH, and a separate one ATH-BEG.

If this is the case, then just getting off in ATH, and not boarding your connection flight to BEG without informing the airline you made the reservation with, could get you in a series of serious complications, and it is in general something that you should avoid. This is known as "hidden city ticketing", and is against the terms of carriage of most airlines.

1. First, since your return trip (BEG-ATH-TLV) is on the same reservation, then your entire return ticket will be automatically cancelled.

2. Even if your return trip was on a separate reservation, note that you would still be required to board the plane from BEG. So if you didn't show up in BEG, your entire ticket would be automatically cancelled.

3. If you are travelling with checked luggage, your bag(s) will normally be directly loaded on the flight to BEG once your flight from TLV lands in ATH. This means that you won't have access to it (unless your connection is longer than 24h). So you won't be able to collect them in ATH. If you don't board the plane, they will start calling you, and if you don't show up they will offload your bags, and the flight will be delayed.

4. If you are member in a affiliated frequent flyer program you may run into further troubles.

So in your case I would contact Aegean to have my booking changed. Expect to pay a fee, depending on the type of ticket you have purchased. But this may spare you from getting into much more costly and stressful situations. If the fee they ask for is excessively large, then consider cancelling one of your reservations (BEG or SIN), if possible or simply throwing one of them away and buying a new one.

Search this Thread