FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Crediting miles to new account(s) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1953208-crediting-miles-new-account-s.html)

747jetter Jan 27, 2019 8:11 am

Crediting miles to new account(s)

Hello

A few family members flew on United recently and have no status anywhere and didn't collect the miles. I just got an idea to sign up them to M&B. In total 6 people with sign up bonus make 48k miles - 8k mile each. If I transfer them to another account it earns me 49k miles (the account would be new too, so the bonus is here) for only 90€ as there is 15€ flat fee for miles transfer.

The question here is:

Can I sign up them for M&B now and claim for missing miles even the flights were flown 4 months ago? I know I cant get miles credited to BAEC for flights flown before registration for example...

Can I transfer miles from all these accounts to a completely new account with no transaction? I would make redemption asap.

Btw - They agreed I use whatever possible.

Tokyoite Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am

https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/
11. New members have the right to claim their miles retroactively, for flights that took place up to twelve (12) months prior to their registration provided that they send the required documents (boarding passes, ticket receipts) to Miles+Bonus.

747jetter Jan 27, 2019 8:58 am

@Tokyoite thank you very much for quick answer. Haven't looked up to the T&C, true, just because I rather have someone experienced telling me!

Tokyoite Jan 27, 2019 9:26 am

cool.
make sure account info matches ticket names. have your bps in hand just in case online retroclaim doesnt work.

747jetter Jan 27, 2019 9:27 am

Hmm we have only eticket confirmation, no more bp. Hope it won't be a big deal..

Chiller3333 Jan 27, 2019 10:42 am

That could be problematic.
Just give it a try.
When I wanted to retrocredit a flight that was taken before registration (on LH) it didn't work without BP.
Ultimately I ended up not being able to claim the miles.
But that one was much earlier (8 months prior to registration iirc).
So just give it a try.

747jetter Jan 27, 2019 1:55 pm

So I claimed for UA flights and the flights were credited within minutes. Tried TAP as well but was rejected so I called their UK support and she knew in a moment what I was trying to do, turned out it was TAP "I" and not "K" is I thought. But UA worked fine. I will transfer the miles to one account tomorrow. Well....J ticket to the US in a few minutes, why not? :D

Knobbgb Jan 28, 2019 2:59 am

Just one more thing to be aware of (though it shouldn't cause you TOO many problems). In the past, when A3 have suspected that people might be doing something 'suspicious' such as gathering lots of miles from strangers, they have put the account(s) into "audit" which means they are blocked until you can jump through some quite specific and intrusive 'hoops' such as sending photos of all the people's ID's, proof of address etc. I guess this is to prove that you actually know the people rather than them being people you solicited on the internet. Having said that there is NOTHING in the ts&cs that specifies what your relationship to the other people must be, so it really shouldn't be a problem - especially as you are paying to transfer the miles rather than using the 'Together' program, which is where problems have occurred in the past.

I understand your idea to transfer all the miles into a new account but... you (or the other people) don't already have another M&B account in your name, do you? Just checking, as it IS against the rules to have more than one account for the same person. Your profile says you're already A3 Gold. Why not just transfer all the miles into your existing account? If not, at least into one of the new accounts you create for your family? You can still then make a redemption for you to travel, via their account. Don't create another one in your name - or in a false name. You could lose all these miles AND your existing status and any other miles you have if they realise you've done that.

Allow plenty of time to sort out any problems before you actually need to book the award.

747jetter Jan 28, 2019 3:14 am

Thank you @Knobbgb - first huge enthusiasm is gone now luckily and I am thinking twice again. Miles are credited, will probably put them together into someone's account (one of these 6) and than I will wait for some bonus for purchased miles so I can top up the account to what I need exactly and will make redemption from the account on my name later on. I have A3 Gold account and thought it would be a bit tricky to transfer miles to this one (as I don't have any problem to collect miles on revenue tickets so this "hack" would go completely out of my already existing account and I won't need to go against rules to make another one). I guess making redemption from someone's account for another passenger on different name shouldn't be problem or?

EDIT: So I spoke with A3 representative and was told I can make award from one account to someone else so no need to transfer the miles to my account or go against the rules. Thank you guys for help.