Aegean launches Golden Ticket

Old Jan 4, 19, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Aegean launches Golden Ticket

When I saw this I realised that I have never booked a revenue ticket directly with Aegean. I've probably saved a couple of hundred euros over the years by not booking direct. Maybe this new idea will be attractive for people like me and an incentive to pay a little more......

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/media...golden-ticket/

''ΑEGEAN launches the “Golden Ticket” activation, which turns every ticket purchase from aegeanair.com into a "golden" opportunity for its passengers to experience an unforgettable travel experience and win unique gifts (from free hotel accommodation to Business Class tickets for two people).''
Old Jan 4, 19, 2:33 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
I saw an ad of it on my newsfeed days ago... I always book on aegeanair.com however I didnt book nothing after they launched this offer but still I have some time to do it, I see is active until the end of Jan 2019.
Old Jan 4, 19, 5:40 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There is usually no real fare difference between booking on A3 site or elsewhere...
Does this exclude award tickets? I don't think this is clearly stated, although probably implied...
Also, it is confusing, how many times can you participate with the same PNR? Can you only participate the day you booked the ticket? Confusing....
Old Jan 5, 19, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
There is usually no real fare difference between booking on A3 site or elsewhere...
Although the fare might actually be the same, some online travel agents always seem to offer cheaper tickets because they offer discounts. I've never booked directly with Aegean because they have always quoted more expensively for the flights I've booked.

Does this exclude award tickets? I don't think this is clearly stated, although probably implied...
Also, it is confusing, how many times can you participate with the same PNR? Can you only participate the day you booked the ticket? Confusing....
All your questions answered here: https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/offers...%20conditions/

REGARDING THE ACTUAL PRIZES this is what they're offering

''3. Prizes - Draw
The Competition will commence on Thursday 13rd December 2018 at 19:00 (Greek time) and will end on Friday 13rd December 2019 at 19:00 (Greek time), with the following prizes:

A. Prize of the day
Discount coupons redeemable on AEGEAN international flights
Discount coupons redeemable on AEGEAN and Olympic Air domestic flights
Miles + Bonus Redemption Miles Packages
Discount coupons for transfer service
Free car rental
Free accommodation
Discount coupons for parking use
Free in-flight services
Free baggage transfer
Free travel insurance
Discount coupons redeemable on activities and experiences

The Organiser reserves the right to amend the daily prizes at times of its absolute choice, the announcement of this amendment will be made on the last working day of each month during which it was decided upon, and will be in effect on the first working day of the following calendar month.

B. Three-Month Prize (Big Prize)
5 Business Class tickets for the winner and 5 for his/her companion with the right for the tickets to be redeemed within 6 months of being nominated a winner.
The winner of the three-month prize must provide details of his/her companion when booking the tickets and the ticket must be purchased during the same booking.
The winner will be drawn every three (3) calendar months and the prize will be valid for a period of 6 months from the date of the announcement of the winner. No other personal or transport costs are covered. ''
Old Jan 5, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I tried my luck with a total of three bookings I made on January 1st when the prize was 50,000 miles .

Unfortunately I was not the one who won them
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:38 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Intreresting to note from personal experience that you can take place in the daily draw also when your booking is related to an award ticket.

headingwest and Xandrios like this.
Old Jan 9, 19, 6:16 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Can't I buy a business ticket, refund and rebook to participate or am I missing something? Not that I want to abuse the system though
Old Jan 14, 19, 3:57 am

Programs: A3*G
Does the number of segments on a booking increase your odds of winning during a day? Otherwise, since for A3 returns are not priced differently from two one-ways, it might be advantageous to book two one-ways instead of a single return ticket. Or, if you are really adventurous, book all segments as separate tickets!
Old Jan 14, 19, 4:00 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
I see it like 1 ticket = 1 chance
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 3:59 pm

The Golden Ticket Promo, which was scheduled to end by 31st of December 2019, was terminated earlier, 13th of June 2019.

You can book A3 aegean with your favourite OTA to save $$$.
Old Jun 17, 19, 12:10 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog View Post
The Golden Ticket Promo, which was scheduled to end by 31st of December 2019, was terminated earlier, 13th of June 2019.

You can book A3 aegean with your favourite OTA to save $$$.
Just out of interest, I'd be keen to know which OTA you are saving $$$ with. I've done that in the past, but in the last 12 months I haven't found anywhere truly, meaningfully cheaper than buying direct. I'm not being facetious - I'd really like to find a 'new' OTA.
Old Jun 17, 19, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
Just out of interest, I'd be keen to know which OTA you are saving $$$ with. I've done that in the past, but in the last 12 months I haven't found anywhere truly, meaningfully cheaper than buying direct. I'm not being facetious - I'd really like to find a 'new' OTA.
He is not saving from any OTAs and he is not winning any golden tickets, it's a non event...
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb View Post
He is not saving from any OTAs and he is not winning any golden tickets, it's a non event...
Actually I just booked yesterday PRG-ATH-JED with an OTA. Booking classes are S, just like on Aegean website and saving €30, not much, but each saving counts I guess.
November 2018 I booked BRU-ATH-SOF, SOF-ATH-LCA, LCA-ATH-BRU for €170 via OTA, as the direct website asked €210.

To find those I usually just use Flight search engines like www.momondo.com, but I tend to get good results sometimes with a Belgian search engine (Goedkoopste vluchten zoeken met Vlieg Verniet!) as it shows sometimes higher prices, sometimes lower prices than Momondo.

Just avoid Expedia for the infamous unupgradable J fare.
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:33 am
Original Poster

I would be interesting to know why they stopped Golden Ticket early.

I can assure you that buying with OTAs works out cheaper. I have NEVER booked a revenue ticket on Aegean's website, quite simply because I always find the flights at least 5 EUR cheaper. Sometimes, when the OTA has a discount, the price can be as much as 15 EUR cheaper. My method is to find the flights on Google Flights, then click through to check on A3's website that it is accurate. Then I go to Skyscanner or Momondo, checking each countries prices and there are always agents who undercut A3.

It's not an exaggeration to say that over the last 3 years on 34 Aegean/Olympic flights booked using agents I have saved at least 300 EUR.
Old Jun 17, 19, 9:16 am

I see, it is the small discounts that add up in a multi-segment itinerary.

Search this Thread