Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 bizarre system error and even stranger explanation

A3 bizarre system error and even stranger explanation

Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Try Boston for August. Doesn’t work.
Well yes, because there is no availability.

I don't really understand your complaint here. You reported ORY-NYC not working, we tried it and we do seem to be able to book it (at least until the payment page). You have not told us where in the process it failed but we have to assume it is working as we get to the payment part?

For ORY-BOS there is simply no availability offered in August. Maybe TAP doesn't fly BOS (?), has no availability, does not make seats available to A3 specificly, or A3 does not want you to book these flights. There are plenty of reasons why it could not work, but in any case, the website does not give you the impression that it is available so I don't see a problem here. It clearly tells you that there is no availability to book with A3 miles.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
So I have been trying to book a flight from Paris to New York on TP (Tap).

The problem is that TP flies from Orly (ORY) airport.

When you try to book ORY to JFK the system gives an error message.

I called A3 today and they insist this is because TP doesn't give A3 the ability to book through awards.. and that if I want to book this it has to be booked as two separate tickets ?!

I believe their explanation is ridiculous... that this is a system error. Any thoughts on this?
Can you share a screenshot of the error message?
Also, please share what date and origin/destination exactly that you are trying to book.
Errors can happen at any of these 5 situations.

1. Searching origin/destination doesn't appear in the M&B search engine
=>Nothing to be done about it.
2. No star alliance award availability for that route and date combination
=>Monitor the availability daily/every few hours, or change your dates/route.
3. Payment error (Credit card info is wrong/payment not getting approved)
=>Check with your CC provided.
4. Login/mileage error (account error)
=>Try another route that has availability. LH FRA-MUC etc. If it still errors, then call M&B service desk.
5. Internet connection errors (timeout etc, anything to do with connection between your device and the M&B servers.
=>Try again on another device/connection/time
:D! and Chr04 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:40 am

Didn't someone point out recently that there is an error at the M&B award search engine when searching for NYC? Or I am having altzheimer?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To add to this-
TP shows availability from LYS, BRU, FRA, MUC, MAD, etc etc etc to JFK/BOS.
The ONLY city that generates an error is ORY.
So yes, I do believe it's a system error.
Have you tried entering the code for Paris airports rather than Orly specifically? Since most TATL flights use CDG, the system might not recognize that there are routings from ORY.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I spoke with the supervisor that opened my case and indeed she confirmed that the system had to be updated from a default of CDG to include (in all practical terms ORY) but all Paris airports.

With respect to availability the city pairs were not generating accurate responses (for BOS in particular but also for JFK).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried entering the code for Paris airports rather than Orly specifically? Since most TATL flights use CDG, the system might not recognize that there are routings from ORY.
There is still no option for PAR.

As for the system, that was PRECISELY the problem
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Can you share a screenshot of the error message?
Also, please share what date and origin/destination exactly that you are trying to book.
Errors can happen at any of these 5 situations.

1. Searching origin/destination doesn't appear in the M&B search engine
=>Nothing to be done about it.
2. No star alliance award availability for that route and date combination
=>Monitor the availability daily/every few hours, or change your dates/route.
3. Payment error (Credit card info is wrong/payment not getting approved)
=>Check with your CC provided.
4. Login/mileage error (account error)
=>Try another route that has availability. LH FRA-MUC etc. If it still errors, then call M&B service desk.
5. Internet connection errors (timeout etc, anything to do with connection between your device and the M&B servers.
=>Try again on another device/connection/time
#6 (add to M&B wiki) Sometimes the M&B system actually has issues====> complain, ignore or weep
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Well yes, because there is no availability.

I don't really understand your complaint here. You reported ORY-NYC not working, we tried it and we do seem to be able to book it (at least until the payment page). You have not told us where in the process it failed but we have to assume it is working as we get to the payment part?

For ORY-BOS there is simply no availability offered in August. Maybe TAP doesn't fly BOS (?), has no availability, does not make seats available to A3 specificly, or A3 does not want you to book these flights. There are plenty of reasons why it could not work, but in any case, the website does not give you the impression that it is available so I don't see a problem here. It clearly tells you that there is no availability to book with A3 miles.
No, this was a system problem, A3's search engine only gave "real" results from CDG-BOS and did not process ORY properly to some destinations.

Yes, TP flies to Boston daily.

I guess it's theoretically possible that TP would limit space to A3 but that would be a bit odd... they are not exactly large airlines nor big competitors...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.