FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   No M&B from LH and SWISS in P? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1944952-no-m-b-lh-swiss-p.html)

rum Dec 10, 18 4:57 am

No M&B from LH and SWISS in P?
 
Hi Aegean FF's,

I flew in P with SWISS and Lufthansa, 4 legs in total, all in P (Business Saver) but have so far only received 500 miles for the SWISS leg. That was over a week ago now.

Have I missed out and I'm getting nothing? According to the Aegean app, I should at least get some miles. I had to do about 1,600 in order to get Silver this year so I am obviously a little concerned.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ErnstH Dec 10, 18 5:02 am

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...nes/#LUFTHANSA
P on Lufthansa earns no miles.

rum Dec 10, 18 5:05 am

Wonderful. Think I'll be using BA in the future then. Absolutely fuming!! :mad:

KLouis Dec 10, 18 5:23 am

Lufthansa P fare has been mile-less in M+B (and several other *A FF programs) since a few years. Swiss does award 100% in business and a minimum f 500. What was your trip? If longer than 500 miles you should contact B+M. Although not helpful in this case, it usually helps if you check the miles earnings before booking a ticket ;)

rum Dec 10, 18 5:34 am


Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 30518126)
Lufthansa P fare has been mile-less in M+B (and several other *A FF programs) since a few years. Swiss does award 100% in business and a minimum f 500. What was your trip? If longer than 500 miles you should contact B+M. Although not helpful in this case, it usually helps if you check the miles earnings before booking a ticket ;)

I had done LHR to ZRH, ZRH to LCA with SWISS. Got 500 miles for the LHR to ZRH route in P. Nothing (so far) for the leg to LCA as that was SWISS operated by Edelweiss.
Lufthansa was the return from LCA to LHR via MUC, again all in P.

I did check the miles before but did so on the Aegean app, which was misleading. Looks like I'm screwed now.

RedChili Dec 10, 18 5:49 am

I'm curious where you found that misleading information in the Aegean app. I'm in the app now, and when I'm going to "How to earn," I get a table where it clearly states under Lufthansa: "Note: Miles cannot be earned in booking classes O,I,X,R,N,L,T,E,K,P,F,A,G."

Also, Edelweiss is not a part of Star Alliance. Within Star Alliance, it's metal that counts, meaning that you will normally not earn any miles if a leg is booked under a Star airline but flown by a non-Star airline.

On a sidenote, I discovered today that ET also has business fares in P which earns 0 in M&B.

DELLAS Dec 10, 18 6:50 am


Originally Posted by rum (Post 30518079)
Hi Aegean FF's,

I flew in P with SWISS and Lufthansa, 4 legs in total, all in P (Business Saver) but have so far only received 500 miles for the SWISS leg. That was over a week ago now.

Have I missed out and I'm getting nothing? According to the Aegean app, I should at least get some miles. I had to do about 1,600 in order to get Silver this year so I am obviously a little concerned.

Any help greatly appreciated.

A few have been caught out by this but it does state it in the A3 earning table. Its a tough lesson to learn but at least you will know in future.

Xandrios Dec 10, 18 7:41 am


Originally Posted by RedChili (Post 30518171)
Also, Edelweiss is not a part of Star Alliance. Within Star Alliance, it's metal that counts, meaning that you will normally not earn any miles if a leg is booked under a Star airline but flown by a non-Star airline.

This is a tricky one though, as many Swiss fights are operated by Edelweiss but do earn miles. It depends on if it is codeshare based, or wet-lease.

Best way to check is to see if you can book the flight through Edelweiss directly. If yes, it is likely an Edelweiss flight with LX codeshare number. If not sold by Edelweiss themselves its a Swiss flight operated by Edelweis (wetleased).

Example: LCA is part of the Edelweiss network. While AMS is not (Even though Edelweis flies to AMS every day as a wetlease for Swiss)

KLouis Dec 10, 18 8:31 am

Three years ago my US collaborators booked me ATH-ORD on LH in P fare class (business class). A couple of days later I received the e-ticket and I found out that they had booked code-shares on LX out and OS back: ~11500 miles instead of 0: rejoice, rejoice!

ermis177 Dec 10, 18 11:50 am

There is nothing misleading here. P LH fare is notorious among flyers! Please be my guest. Next time fly the 2-4-2 J that BA offers...Probably one of the worst J seats in the world. Not to mention the food...

ErnstH Dec 11, 18 3:35 am


Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 30518415)
This is a tricky one though, as many Swiss fights are operated by Edelweiss but do earn miles. It depends on if it is codeshare based, or wet-lease.

Best way to check is to see if you can book the flight through Edelweiss directly. If yes, it is likely an Edelweiss flight with LX codeshare number. If not sold by Edelweiss themselves its a Swiss flight operated by Edelweis (wetleased).

Example: LCA is part of the Edelweiss network. While AMS is not (Even though Edelweis flies to AMS every day as a wetlease for Swiss)

So which one does earn miles?

Dover2Golf Dec 11, 18 3:52 am


Originally Posted by rum (Post 30518094)
Wonderful. Think I'll be using BA in the future then. Absolutely fuming!! :mad:

Well you won't be missed but I suspect if you downgrade to BA you will be disappointed there.

The LH P fares are well known about here and for that matter on TK where the same rules apply. My simple solution is just not to ever book on LH metal. As the old BCal adverts used to say, 'we never forget you have a choice' and where LH is concerned, I exercise it. I doubt they miss me and I don't miss them!

rum Dec 11, 18 3:55 am


Originally Posted by ermis177 (Post 30519196)
There is nothing misleading here. P LH fare is notorious among flyers! Please be my guest. Next time fly the 2-4-2 J that BA offers...Probably one of the worst J seats in the world. Not to mention the food...

Well it was my first LH flight in Business since 2003 or 2006 and I have to say the food and service were way above BA's.

rum Dec 11, 18 3:57 am


Originally Posted by Dover2Golf (Post 30522079)
Well you won't be missed but I suspect if you downgrade to BA you will be disappointed there.

The LH P fares are well known about here and for that matter on TK where the same rules apply. My simple solution is just not to ever book on LH metal. As the old BCal adverts used to say, 'we never forget you have a choice' and where LH is concerned, I exercise it. I doubt they miss me and I don't miss them!

I am sort of bound to BA for some routes for work and *A for others. So all in all I can't really avoid either. Plus with BA we have a better points earning system allowing us to put credit card spend in GBP through to BA avios.

I guess I've learnt my lesson re P class fares. Will have to keep an eye out as I use TK now for IST but credit my points to Aegean.

Dover2Golf Dec 11, 18 4:14 am

TK crediting to A3 is not a problem - LH crediting to TK has the same issues as A3.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:29 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.