No M&B from LH and SWISS in P?

Old Dec 17, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: *A G, OW S, ST Elite.
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
I would also add that P is difficult to avoid if you are not a last minute flyer. All my booking on LH the proposed fare for business is always P, very seldomly Z or D. I book quite in advance as my plan are usually quite firm. I would assume a fair bit of the people in Business are under P fares.
You can often get Z fares from the LH call centre for very little more than P. LH are a bit of a last resort to me simply because of P but then they do have a big network and fly to some useful places!
Old Dec 17, 18, 9:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
And as someone who bought my first (and probably last) ever "J" fare a few weeks ago, only to miss the connection I paid $$$ for by 5 minutes, there is really no reason to buy a more expensive fare unless you don't have a choice.
Actually on a flight ex ZRH in J I was no show on a 6am flight (security guard at the ticket scanning point wouldn't let me pass despite me having called the gate and them assuring that they would wait for me.) At rebooking despite being no show I was then rebooked onto two seperate tickets (one TK IST-AYT and one LX ZRH-IST AYT-ZRH), allowed to keep my return flight that had a waiting list already and all of that while only spending an additional 1500 bucks and then later receiving back 1600 for the original ticket that I had missed. Apparently my ticket was refundable even in the case of no-show. So in that case I'd say it was worth buying J.

Furthermore I always try too book at least D as its not that much mire expensive and earns significantly more miles.
Old Dec 17, 18, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Actually on a flight ex ZRH in J I was no show on a 6am flight (security guard at the ticket scanning point wouldn't let me pass despite me having called the gate and them assuring that they would wait for me.) At rebooking despite being no show I was then rebooked onto two seperate tickets (one TK IST-AYT and one LX ZRH-IST AYT-ZRH), allowed to keep my return flight that had a waiting list already and all of that while only spending an additional 1500 bucks and then later receiving back 1600 for the original ticket that I had missed. Apparently my ticket was refundable even in the case of no-show. So in that case I'd say it was worth buying J.

Furthermore I always try too book at least D as its not that much mire expensive and earns significantly more miles.
Interesting. Well in my case it was the last leg of a OSL-GVA and I missed the connection in FRA because of a delay that LH was responsible for. On top of that it was a far away bus gate on arrival and a long walk (run) to the departure gate. Because I had a J fare I felt they should have made some effort like waiting 5 minutes, or providing an aircraft to aircraft transfer instead of rebooking me on a later flight I could have booked for 400 eur less had I been flexible about when I wanted to reach OSL.
Old Dec 18, 18, 2:59 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
I would also add that P is difficult to avoid if you are not a last minute flyer. All my booking on LH the proposed fare for business is always P, very seldomly Z or D. I book quite in advance as my plan are usually quite firm. I would assume a fair bit of the people in Business are under P fares.
LH's P offers usually a relatively comfortable and pleasant travel experience at a decent price, especially when flying to NA. Often times in order to avoid it one has to either pay significantly more, or go with options such as BA One of the reasons that I kept my EB account for after switching to M&B, apart from earning miles through my MasterCard World, was accrual on fares similar to LH's P or SQ's CJZ (and half a dozen flights on WF, but that's just a minor part...)

Maintaining my SK*S status due to crediting such trips to my EB account is a positive side-effect
Old Dec 18, 18, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Interesting. Well in my case it was the last leg of a OSL-GVA and I missed the connection in FRA because of a delay that LH was responsible for. On top of that it was a far away bus gate on arrival and a long walk (run) to the departure gate. Because I had a J fare I felt they should have made some effort like waiting 5 minutes, or providing an aircraft to aircraft transfer instead of rebooking me on a later flight I could have booked for 400 eur less had I been flexible about when I wanted to reach OSL.
Well my case was years ago and the agent did mention that my flight was in the highest possible J class and that would even permit no-show (I kinda doubt it, since I have not seen a single ticket allowing no-show, maybe she just thouhgt that...), but more importantly, I did kinda feel like a god hearing that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: