No M&B from LH and SWISS in P?

Old Dec 11, 18, 6:09 am
  #16  
Carlson Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: OTP/KRK
Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
Posts: 644
wheretocredit.com/airlinecode(ex.A3,LH)/bookingclass will help you find faster where is better to credit your miles
GBobon is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:14 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by ErnstH View Post
So which one does earn miles?
AMS does, LCA does not

The easiest way to find out is IMHO to check the flight number:

LX codeshares on WK all have flight numbers in the LX8000 range. These do not earn miles.

Native LX intra-European flights all have flight numbers in the range of LX100-LX3000. These do earn miles, even if the flight is operated by WK (as it is counted as a wetlease).
ErnstH likes this.
FlyEurope is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:06 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,970
Originally Posted by FlyEurope View Post
AMS does, LCA does not

The easiest way to find out is IMHO to check the flight number:

LX codeshares on WK all have flight numbers in the LX8000 range. These do not earn miles.

Native LX intra-European flights all have flight numbers in the range of LX100-LX3000. These do earn miles, even if the flight is operated by WK (as it is counted as a wetlease).
Exactly, this is also my way of differentiating.
KLouis is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:19 am
  #19  
GVA
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Here there everywhere
Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy LTT, United Silver, LH Unelected fool, Carrot Rewards
Posts: 2,701
Originally Posted by ErnstH View Post
So which one does earn miles?
Those that don't earn miles are LX codeshare flights operated by Edelweiss in the LX8000 to LX8499 range.

LX flights operated by Edelweiss in the LX1-LX2999 range earn miles.
GVA is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 3:37 am
  #20  
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate
Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Posts: 3,684
That being said, it seems LX crediting of P class has some issues those days. I did last week a 3 segment trip, LX marketed and 1 OS operated, 2 LX operated, all P class. The OS flight points posted but not the the LX ones.
In the past my LX flights in P posted fairly quickly, I hope this is just a glitch.
fransknorge is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 3:47 am
  #21  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 2,198
Originally Posted by RedChili View Post
I'm curious where you found that misleading information in the Aegean app. I'm in the app now, and when I'm going to "How to earn," I get a table where it clearly states under Lufthansa: "Note: Miles cannot be earned in booking classes O,I,X,R,N,L,T,E,K,P,F,A,G."

Also, Edelweiss is not a part of Star Alliance. Within Star Alliance, it's metal that counts, meaning that you will normally not earn any miles if a leg is booked under a Star airline but flown by a non-Star airline.
Hold on a minute... Are you telling me F, full fare First class, the most expensive booking class of them all, earns 0!!!!!! miles on M&B?
Nick Art is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 4:24 am
  #22  
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sheen, London
Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Posts: 4,960
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hold on a minute... Are you telling me F, full fare First class, the most expensive booking class of them all, earns 0!!!!!! miles on M&B?
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...nes/#LUFTHANSA

Please note there are 3 different charts for LH depending on the destination of the flight.

First Class is not offered on European flights, so whatever the F booking class is used for (if used at all) it earns nothing, just like J booking class on A3 is used for group bookings in economy.

On international long-haul flights F booking class earns 300% of flown miles.
:D! is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 4:30 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ARN
Posts: 3,229
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hold on a minute... Are you telling me F, full fare First class, the most expensive booking class of them all, earns 0!!!!!! miles on M&B?
In the table for "Domestic" and "European Cross Border" it says that F class earns 0 miles. In the table for "International," F is listed as 300%. Rum was flying LCA-MUC-LHR, so the "European Cross Border" table is applicable to his case. First class is obviously not available on those flights, and I have no idea whether LH instead uses that code for an economy ticket or if it's not in use at all.
RedChili is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:05 am
  #24  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 2,198
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...nes/#LUFTHANSA

Please note there are 3 different charts for LH depending on the destination of the flight.

First Class is not offered on European flights, so whatever the F booking class is used for (if used at all) it earns nothing, just like J booking class on A3 is used for group bookings in economy.

On international long-haul flights F booking class earns 300% of flown miles.
Originally Posted by RedChili View Post
In the table for "Domestic" and "European Cross Border" it says that F class earns 0 miles. In the table for "International," F is listed as 300%. Rum was flying LCA-MUC-LHR, so the "European Cross Border" table is applicable to his case. First class is obviously not available on those flights, and I have no idea whether LH instead uses that code for an economy ticket or if it's not in use at all.
Ah yes, it all makes sense now.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:14 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ARN
Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Please note there are 3 different charts for LH depending on the destination of the flight.

First Class is not offered on European flights, so whatever the F booking class is used for (if used at all) it earns nothing, just like J booking class on A3 is used for group bookings in economy. [...]
It indeed quite awkward that J is used as a special econ fare by A3, but note that it is actually a full-earning fare on M&B (500 miles on domestic / 100% on international flights).
East_and_West is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 8:03 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,970
Awkward in which sense? Anybody who flies A3 and sees J fare in his/her ticket should be in position to a) know that (s)he booked coach and b) recognize that at the latest when flying. If (s)he then expects to get miles for business class, then it's most probably his/her first flight ever!
irishguy28 likes this.
KLouis is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 8:21 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ARN
Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Awkward in which sense? Anybody who flies A3 and sees J fare in his/her ticket should be in position to a) know that (s)he booked coach and b) recognize that at the latest when flying. If (s)he then expects to get miles for business class, then it's most probably his/her first flight ever!
True. In any case, the safest way to make sure is to always check the earnings table before booking. What is a bit awkward/unusual is that J is used as a special/group Econ fare. In the vast majority of airlines J is a Business class fare.
lhrpete and Dover2Golf like this.
East_and_West is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 11:47 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK.
Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Posts: 1,369
I can't think of another airline that uses J for anything other than business class, this is bound to lead to confusion and disappointment. It's not like there aren't plenty of other letters to choose from!
lhrpete is offline  
Old Dec 12, 18, 4:34 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: A3*G
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by rum View Post
Wonderful. Think I'll be using BA in the future then. Absolutely fuming!!
I had a choice a few years ago for a long-haul leisure trip between LH P with no M&B points, or a (less expensive & better schedule) discount BA business class fare. I would have been willing to spend 'more' for LH's P if there had been at least 'economy-level' M&B points, but since not possible, we booked BA. Now, I have to admit that BA business class left some things to be desired, I didn't like the seating layout, hard & soft products so-so. But it was a lot cheaper, and even on a discount fare it earned a lot of Avion points

So, LH P drove me over to try a One World carrier, and got me started into one of their loyalty programs. Upshot is that once I requal my Star Alliance Gold, then I'm much more likely to chose OW carriers, if only to build-out my Avion point, based on price. A few LH P points would have kept me firmly in the SA! Seems a rather short-sighted approach by LH,
RocketmanBRU is offline  
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:40 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London
Programs: *A G, OW S, ST Elite.
Posts: 889
Others may remember this better but IIRC, LH introduced P class when A3 and TK declined to use Miles & More as their frequent flyer programme and in both cases for very good reasons. They also introduced that M&M members flying TK don't get full status points but only I think 25%. In other words because A3 & TK did't play, LH threw their toys out of the cot.
Dover2Golf is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: