Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

Is the coach bulkhead hard or soft ( curtain) on a domestic A320?

Old Nov 28, 18, 9:05 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looking at row 3 for a short domestic flight but wondered if that row is sometimes commandeered for a enlarged Business class.

I apologize in advance if I asked similar question months ago....I can't find the answer. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:04 am

Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Generally speaking Aegean separates C from Y with a curtain and moves it based on demand.
You definitely risk being reseated between now and the time of flight when choosing row 3.
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chiller3333 View Post
Generally speaking Aegean separates C from Y with a curtain and moves it based on demand.
You definitely risk being reseated between now and the time of flight when choosing row 3.
Thanks. Right now we are in exit row 12 but I keep thinking of our last trip looking out the window and seeing the blue Aegean and shoreline of approaching Crete ( our destination). Probably not as visually dramatic sitting in row 12 over the wing.
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:42 pm

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Why don't you book row 4? You'll still have the extra legroom, and it would not be a problem if business class is extended by one row.
Old Nov 28, 18, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Why don't you book row 4? You'll still have the extra legroom, and it would not be a problem if business class is extended by one row.
Can you elaborate a bit ......so row 4 has extra leg room? More leg room let's say then row 5?
Old Nov 28, 18, 6:03 pm

Rows 3 and 4 have the same leg room. Hardly ever does a domestic business class extend beyond row 3, so the chances that the curtain (and you) will be moved are almost zero if reserving row 4. As for "seeing the blue Aegean and shoreline of approaching Crete" , pray it's not cloudy!
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by david55 View Post
Can you elaborate a bit ......so row 4 has extra leg room? More leg room let's say then row 5?
It depends on the exact aircraft type, but yes. On the A32x aircraft family rows 1-4 have extra legroom, as well as the exit rows. Some aircraft also have additional legroom row 5, however, not all of them. Thats why personally I always book row 4 when flying economy.
Old Nov 30, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: A3*G
Also note that in the upfront section it's the odd seats that have the window placed in an angle where you can admire the view without twisting your neck. This depends on the aircraft of course but I found it to be true in most on my A320 - A321 flights
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:39 pm

What exactly do you mean by windows placed in an angle? With respect to the axis of the fuselage? The only plane I've had this is in 747s when seating at the first couple of rows downstairs. On the A320/1a, the front door is in front of the first row and the plane is not narrower!
Old Dec 1, 18, 2:06 am

Programs: A3*G
Sorry maybe I didn't phrase this right. When you turn your head towards the window in the odd upfront seats, you can look straight out of the window, while in the even seats you need to bend your back a bit to get a full view. So the head-window-view angle
Old Dec 2, 18, 2:45 am

It can always get worse, this is one of the 'quirks' (Or should we call it shortcoming?) of the Boeing 737:

Compared to that the window alignment on the A320 is not so bad
Old Dec 2, 18, 4:36 am

...which is one od the reasons (though definitely not the main one) why I alsways choose an aisle seat!
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:15 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Miles+Bonus Gold, BAEC Blue
7A and 8F (afaik) on THY B738s have no window

Search this Thread