Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH flight with NH flight no and ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

LH flight with NH flight No and ticket

Hello, I was flying Lufthansa from MUN to HND, my ticket was issue by travel agent with NH flight no and is showing K class, I know with LH earning zero with K class how about in my case.

thanks guys

Last edited by Roy853; Nov 22, 2018 at 6:55 pm
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:15 pm

Sorry for you, but it's zero miles on M+B: metal counts!

PS I assume you flew from Munich (MUC) to HND and not from Maturín (MUN)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Sorry it from Munich, I find out the ticket issued by ANA Europe also my boarding pass showing NH flight no, so will A3 consider it’s NH flight. Cause for NH flight I’ll get 50% miles.

thanks a million.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
No, in the Star Alliance it is the metal that counts (with exception of wet leases).
Flight numbers don't matter.
So miles will be awarded based on the LH booking class.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:28 pm

There's a small (?) chance you'll get miles: If the K class on the, ticket-wise, NH-coded flight maps to any of the miles-earning booking classes on LH instead of K, you'll get some miles. But that requires that Murphy's law not be valid for you, something that is not possible due to... Catch-22.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: *G
A bit different from the theme and ANA starts N class(discount PY). for M+B 100%.
before that, discount PY was E(150%).
Now, it's same as LH.

* new ANA emergency video from Dec2018 is Kabuki themed. You should watch it on youtube!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
There's a small (?) chance you'll get miles: If the K class on the, ticket-wise, NH-coded flight maps to any of the miles-earning booking classes on LH instead of K, you'll get some miles. But that requires that Murphy's law not be valid for you, something that is not possible due to... Catch-22.
Unfortunately for the OP that won't be the case here. LH's and NH's booking classes are 100% aligned, because they have a JV for flights between Europe and Japan. NH K maps to LH K.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
Unfortunately for the OP that won't be the case here. LH's and NH's booking classes are 100% aligned, because they have a JV for flights between Europe and Japan. NH K maps to LH K.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Well it seems I have to take back my earlier statement as NH seems to have changed some things. At least I just received an unexpected 2000 extra miles, because my NH coded LH intra-Europe flight, booked in P class, mapped to C class. If I recall correctly that wasn't the case in the past.

Maybe there is hope for the OP after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.