Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Booking Aegean flights via Marriott website

Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Was looking at some flight/hotel combinations on Marriott website and can't get my head around something.

Let's say I'm an SPG/Marriott member with an SPG Amex and I book a flight/hotel package on the Marriott website with Aegean or Star Alliance flights.

Does this mean that I will get SPG/Marriott points for the flight/hotel booking at the full (5%ish) Amex SPG rate AND still be able to input my Aegean number for the miles?

Are there any obvious downsides to booking in this way?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I didn't even know Marriott had air/hotel packages that were bookable on their website. I'd imagine that they'd be treated like any other package issued by a TA/OTA with air/hotel components, so you'd probably earn award/tier miles. I'd also guess that they'd be highly restrictive and most likely wouldn't be upgradeable (because they'd likely be booked in the cheapest U,P,T as GoLight, not ticketed as 390, and/or have non-A3 flights included). Of course, I have no experience, so these are all just assumptions. Since A3 only has a few fare classes that don't earn anything (as far as I can tell, they're mostly award codes, but I don't know what "N" or "F" are used for), from an A3 M+B benefits/earnings perspective, you should be fine.

As for earning the 6x points for Marriott/SPG credit cards (IMHO, 5% seems a bit generous), you might want to check to see if vacation packages are booked/coded as qualifying purchases, but that's something you can search on the MR/SPG forum.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply!

As for the fare classes, I was looking at CA in this instance and it was coming up as H which is the same as in Matrix ITA so doesn't seem to be dumping into the lowest buckets by default.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.