Search

RHO departure as M&B Gold ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:58 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
RHO departure as M&B Gold ?

I have a departure tomorrow from RHO at 6:40AM. I was planning to arrive at 5:30 to check in my luggage and go through security, thinking this should be comfortable. I also would think that being off season would help, even if the island seems quite busy.
Reading reviews now it seems the place is run by Hades himself and 2 to 3 hours queuing are common.
So is there a separate Gold line for check in and/or security? Is my plan OK or should i aim arrive earlier?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
With the usual disclaimer applying, from my experience in RHO there is--most of the times--a dedicated C/*G check-in counter. Perhaps because there are several A3/OA flights per day, perhaps because it's one of the few domestic flights that offers C class, check-in and baggage drop has usually been quite smooth there. Do not expect to find any lounge there of course, and prepare yourself for a quite hectic boarding, especially in summer months... Sometimes there is not even a discernible queue, let alone priority boarding. Especially if you are walking directly to the plane (no bus), then expect a crowd storming the plane to the front and the rear.

In low seasons though things are much more civilized, and often times you even get priority boarding.

Addendum: I have never flown so early in the morning from RHO, so I do not know how if things work differently in the small hours.

Last edited by East_and_West; Oct 16, 2018 at 2:03 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:10 am

I flew from RHO a couple of weeks ago, not that early, though. As described by East_and_West, there should be no problems, lines at A3, especially the *G counter are usually very short compared to the seasonal flights of tourist-catering airlines. There is a longish walk after CI, but not really problematic. At any rate, usually taking the 6:40 A3 flight from HER (worse airport than RHO) I can tell you that you should have no problems arriving at -70', even at the peak of the high season. By the way, the reason for the very long lines is the fact that tourists are bussed to the airport at around -120' to 150'. Imagine ~200 passengers of an A320 all arriving together for CI, often using only two counters.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thanks both of you. This flight is the first departure of the day and there are no charters before 10:30, according to FR24. So I decided for the bus of 5:20 AM with an arrival at the airport at 5:40.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Update for the purpose of closure and future reference: it went fine but I had no wiggle room whatsoever. I arrived among the lasts at the gate, five minute befores boarding. The Aegean crew arrived with their taxi the same time the bus arrived.

I can see how this place might be hell in peak times. The twice queuing to drop baggage is particularly vicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.