Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

Old Oct 12, 18, 10:28 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berlin
Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Posts: 276
50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

Another offer for miles purchase. At first I thought it would be "up to 50%", meaning you would have to spend the maximum to get 50%, but no. It's 50% free miles no matter what you buy!
blackball is offline  
Old Oct 12, 18, 3:58 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Posts: 4,843
Not bad. But..still 1,6 cents per mile. May be worth it if you have a specific award in mind..
Xandrios is offline  
Old Oct 12, 18, 4:36 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 71
Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .
hoangtri1 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 18, 8:48 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: FRA, JFK
Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by hoangtri1 View Post
Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .
Why do you think so?
Intra-region business far east is also very good value.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Chiller3333 is offline  
Old Oct 14, 18, 4:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,731
Its a good offer if you need miles or are short some for a specific redemption.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Oct 21, 18, 11:45 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: MVP
Posts: 212
I just registered and the max miles i buy are $30k , is there something i can do about it?
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Oct 21, 18, 11:57 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: FRA, JFK
Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 181
From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that haven’t registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.
tdot_guy likes this.
Chiller3333 is offline  
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:02 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: MVP
Posts: 212
Originally Posted by Chiller3333 View Post
From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that havenít registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.
Thank you
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Oct 25, 18, 6:25 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SIN/SZX
Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by Chiller3333 View Post
Why do you think so?
Intra-region business far east is also very good value.
Agreed. 21k miles isn't a bad deal at all.
IndyHoosier likes this.
razorblade is offline  
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:01 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: LAX & BKK
Posts: 135
Originally Posted by Chiller3333 View Post
Why do you think so?
Intra-region business far east is also very good value.
Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .
IndyHoosier and DELLAS like this.
IBstudent is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:30 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by IBstudent View Post
Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .

May I know how much is the tax for TG?

Sorry that I could not find out myself because I donít have enough miles to search.

Thanks
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 7:54 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: FRA, JFK
Programs: A3*G, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
May I know how much is the tax for TG?
BKK-NRT is EUR 75.95.
Chiller3333 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 10:02 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 2,536
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
May I know how much is the tax for TG?
Sorry that I could not find out myself because I donít have enough miles to search. Thanks
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)
Tokyoite is online now  
Old Nov 17, 18, 5:46 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same award flights. Some FFPs such as UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharges.
freed0m is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 5:50 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: Alaska
Posts: 357
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)

Thanks for advice. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same flights. UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharge. Others within the Alliance have very high surcharge on the same award flight. I just wonder where Miles+Bonus falls.
freed0m is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread