Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G

Another offer for miles purchase. At first I thought it would be "up to 50%", meaning you would have to spend the maximum to get 50%, but no. It's 50% free miles no matter what you buy!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Not bad. But..still 1,6 cents per mile. May be worth it if you have a specific award in mind..
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:36 pm

Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .
Why do you think so?
Intra-region business far east is also very good value.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:44 am

Its a good offer if you need miles or are short some for a specific redemption.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I just registered and the max miles i buy are $30k , is there something i can do about it?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:57 am

From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that haven’t registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that haven’t registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.
Thank you
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Why do you think so?
Agreed. 21k miles isn't a bad deal at all.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:01 am

Why do you think so?
Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .
IndyHoosier and DELLAS like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by IBstudent
Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .

May I know how much is the tax for TG?

Sorry that I could not find out myself because I don’t have enough miles to search.

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
BKK-NRT is EUR 75.95.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by freed0m
Sorry that I could not find out myself because I don’t have enough miles to search. Thanks
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same award flights. Some FFPs such as UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharges.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

Thanks for advice. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same flights. UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharge. Others within the Alliance have very high surcharge on the same award flight. I just wonder where Miles+Bonus falls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.