FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1935273-50-additional-miles-every-miles-purchase-100-black-friday-posting-issues.html)

blackball Oct 12, 2018 10:28 am

50% additional miles with every miles purchase [100% Black Friday, posting issues]

Another offer for miles purchase. At first I thought it would be "up to 50%", meaning you would have to spend the maximum to get 50%, but no. It's 50% free miles no matter what you buy!

Xandrios Oct 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Not bad. But..still 1,6 cents per mile. May be worth it if you have a specific award in mind..

hoangtri1 Oct 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .

Chiller3333 Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by hoangtri1 (Post 30309134)
Yeah...I think the best option would be US to Europe. That's the only worthwhile route, i think .

Why do you think so?
Intra-region business far east is also very good value.

DELLAS Oct 14, 2018 4:44 am

Its a good offer if you need miles or are short some for a specific redemption.

tdot_guy Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

I just registered and the max miles i buy are $30k , is there something i can do about it?

Chiller3333 Oct 21, 2018 11:57 am

From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that haven’t registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.

tdot_guy Oct 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chiller3333 (Post 30339772)
From T&C:
Members are eligible to purchase up to 50,000 Award miles within their membership year (twelve consecutive months from their enrollment or last tier upgrade/retain). It is clarified that Members that haven’t registered at least one flight on their Miles+Bonus account, are eligible to purchase up to 30,000 Award miles.

So the only thing you can do is register a flight.

Thank you

razorblade Oct 25, 2018 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333 (Post 30309710)
Why do you think so?

Agreed. 21k miles isn't a bad deal at all.

IBstudent Oct 26, 2018 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333 (Post 30309710)
Why do you think so?

Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .

freed0m Nov 16, 2018 6:30 am

Originally Posted by IBstudent (Post 30357931)
Agreed. I used miles to fly TG A380 from BKK to NRT in lie-flat J and worth it. I also redeemed a new J class on TG A330 and will fly in December all this was 21k miles + tax .

May I know how much is the tax for TG?

Sorry that I could not find out myself because I don’t have enough miles to search.

Thanks

Chiller3333 Nov 16, 2018 7:54 am

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 30435677)

BKK-NRT is EUR 75.95.

Tokyoite Nov 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 30435677)
Sorry that I could not find out myself because I don’t have enough miles to search. Thanks

You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)

freed0m Nov 17, 2018 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30438306)
You dont need the M&B site to find out how much taxes are needed. Use Matrix - ITA Software by Google, select one way, departure and arrivals, and also select your airline (C: NH+, or C: TG+, or C: SQ+, or C: BR+, or C: OZ+ etc), select sales city as Athens, and select currency as Euro.
The results should show you a business class fare, and the breakdown shows the fuel surcharges and taxes (YQ, YR, taxes etc.)

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same award flights. Some FFPs such as UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharges.

freed0m Nov 17, 2018 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30438306)

Thanks for advice. However, I think different FFP charges different carrier surcharge for the same flights. UA MileagePlus and lifemiles has little to none carrier surcharge. Others within the Alliance have very high surcharge on the same award flight. I just wonder where Miles+Bonus falls.