Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: A3*G
There are again cheap SK fares from Europe to the US, but since they are for March+ it might be a bit risky..
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by ErnstH
There are again cheap SK fares from Europe to the US, but since they are for March+ it might be a bit risky..
would be a shame to fly to sfo and find out you earned ..... I mean, ams-cph-sfo return for 260...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:52 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
... Or you would have to fly to SFO, enjoy your Gold benefits on the way and actually go see the city! Having lived there for a while I can assure you it's a great place to spend some time
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:34 am
Suspended

With risks, I booked myself some SAS ticket for March. A and O class respectively. It should push me through A3 Gold re-qualification with these ticket. But as Murphy's Law indicates, A3 may sudden change the SAS earning criteria just days before I travel...talking about Hot Potatoes...I am siting on two currently.
ErnstH likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:47 am

Calm down. It's a risk to credit any flight to any frequent flyer program. Nowadays, you never know what changes will be made between the time you book and the date of your flight, no matter what airline you fly with.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by RedChili
Calm down. It's a risk to credit any flight to any frequent flyer program. Nowadays, you never know what changes will be made between the time you book and the date of your flight, no matter what airline you fly with.
True, but if the FFP of the airline itself has been already devaluated I would argue that the risks are ever so slightly higher. In any case, good luck!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ErnstH
True, but if the FFP of the airline itself has been already devaluated I would argue that the risks are ever so slightly higher. In any case, good luck!
But they only devalued the Light fares, didn't they?
I don't expect a (huge) devaluation of SAS Plus tbh.
Only time will tell.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Recent changes for Croatia Airlines, ANA and UA. Not sure what the previous earning rates were, but hopefully A3 will fly under the radar. My thinking is that there’s not that many A3*G that do most of their earning on SK metal, so we should probably stay safe for a while longer.

In my personal case, the SK earnings are phenomenal. I’m based out of Oslo, so the good earning rates for SK keeps me very happy - especially combined with <€350 round trip fares to the US east coast, which is a gold mine miles wise.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Henrik C
Recent changes for Croatia Airlines, ANA and UA. Not sure what the previous earning rates were, but hopefully A3 will fly under the radar. My thinking is that there’s not that many A3*G that do most of their earning on SK metal, so we should probably stay safe for a while longer.

In my personal case, the SK earnings are phenomenal. I’m based out of Oslo, so the good earning rates for SK keeps me very happy - especially combined with <€350 round trip fares to the US east coast, which is a gold mine miles wise.
I wish I have your mindset. But sadly I can see the devaluation is coming. I think the following would happen is a good case scenario:

CDZ-200%
YSJABP-150%
HQEVWM-100%
UKGLTO-50%

A bad scenario would be:
CDZ-150%
YSJABP-110%
EMHQ-100%
WVUK-50%
GLTO-25%

It will be a matter of time. But the devil will be in the details.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:17 pm

Still the same chart but they added the note "The booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles.".
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by ChrisTuff
Still the same chart but they added the note "The booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles.".
This is like the TAP lottery then.
How the heck are we supposed to know which will be used to calculate.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Flew booking class B SAS Plus few days ago and earned 200% luckily.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by David-A
This is like the TAP lottery then.
How the heck are we supposed to know which will be used to calculate.
Maybe it just has to do with the fact that upgrades via Plusgrade no longer earn miles according to the new booking class.
I'll be on an SAS Go Smart (L) fare in August and report back once the flight is credited.
1nsane likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Or are they just gonna change all Go Light fares to X before crediting to partner programs. Many *A airlines have updated their chart to show that Go Light fares earn 0 miles regardless of route/class.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:24 am

can anyone confirm current earning for upgraded flights please? upgraded to PE or BIZ = 200% earned? thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.