Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Yreal
Theoretically... yes.

But have your sas milles ever credited differently? Now tap on the other hand...
I personally don't really fly SAS; but they did add that line in there recently. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of that addition - there is very likely a reason for adding such warning. Either it's already happening, or they are going to start doing that soon.

Especially since, like you said, we all know that TAP is already doing this for a while...and they do not even have that disclaimer at the TAP earning page yet (!).
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by KLouis
Are you all certain this is new? The table, in both Greek and English, states that this is valid since 09/06/2013!
Yes, it seems they simply added that exception text without updating the date.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is how the earnings page looked like in january (last available snapshot in the wayback machine)
The two lines have been added without a date stamp.
The booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles.
No miles can be earned with T and O Go Light booking classes.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I personally don't really fly SAS; but they did add that line in there recently. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of that addition - there is very likely a reason for adding such warning. Either it's already happening, or they are going to start doing that soon.

Especially since, like you said, we all know that TAP is already doing this for a while...and they do not even have that disclaimer at the TAP earning page yet (!).
Maybe they were supposed to add it to the TAP table, but they made a mistake and added it to the wrong airline?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:40 am

I was just informed by Aegean that SAS has denied my retro-claim for two SK flights flown in August, saying that "the ticket you had bought was in the Go Light category, and this category, Go Light and W fare, doesn't give any miles."

I'd certainly like to know since when this change has been in effect and why this was not communicated in advance.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
I was just informed by Aegean that SAS has denied my retro-claim for two SK flights flown in August, saying that "the ticket you had bought was in the Go Light category, and this category, Go Light and W fare, doesn't give any miles."

I'd certainly like to know since when this change has been in effect and why this was not communicated in advance.
what the?! did you upgrade to the Y? or flew go light? I am still waiting for my crediting
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:57 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

I would screenshot the website with a datestamp on the file and send it back to them - this clearly does not coincide with even this week's downgrade, let alone for a flight last month.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by romans
what the?! did you upgrade to the Y? or flew go light? I am still waiting for my crediting
I bought my ticket on Expedia, and the booking confirmation as well as the denied retroclaim on my Aegean account both clearly have a W fare. There is no mention of Go Light, although it may well have been. I was travelling without luggage and I did not pay any particular attention to the fare category. I just needed a few more tier miles for Gold before the end of August, which was why I chose those flights.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G

That's very strange... Just returned yesterday from a short hop on SAS Go Light, and my miles from my outbound flight ex ARN have already posted in full. Fare bucket was K, more heavily discounted than W. I ll wait to see what happens for the miles from my inbound flight.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yep, apparently that's right... The SAS lottery has just started.

On the upside, if this change is only for Go Light, the damage can be contained: price differences between Go Light and Go are usually in the range of €10-16 on intra-European and €30-40 on long-haul. So no huge deal, if it stays like that.
romans likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:46 am

So I double-checked and found this email from SK. Turns out my flights were in fact in Go, not Go Light. Seems like someone is trying really hard to stop me from reaching *G... 😮

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Yreal
Lets be real here, deep discounted tickets earning 100% is still the sweet spot.

Looking at ams-cph-sfo-cph-sfo right now. Go light books in L, thus still earning 100%. 12.000 milles for €450 is still a sweet spot.

And this is coming from me, a student that struggles to pay the bills, flies all leisure and got his gold card for flying ams-ath-bru twice and a sas flight to New York...
That's an odd routing. Any reason you'd want to go straight back to SFO rather than finish back at AMS?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
A3 are wrong. Fare basis O isnt necessarily a Go Light fare. I have several upcoming reservations ticketed in O, and they are GO fares - with included baggage. Irritating!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
O is also the fare SAS Youth tickets book into (irrespective of Go Light or Go).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:11 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skrosvik
A3 are wrong. Fare basis O isnt necessarily a Go Light fare. I have several upcoming reservations ticketed in O, and they are GO fares - with included baggage. Irritating!
I think you’ve misinterpreted the chart. T & O still appear in the earnings table at 100%. It’s only the additional note that disqualifies them from earning on Light fares.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:16 am

The plot thickens...

So this morning I received this reply from Aegean:

Dear Mr. -Heathcliff-,

I am contacting you, regarding the missing miles request, which has been rejected by SAS.

I have read your message and I do understand your arguments; however, any request for miles is being handled by the operating airline, which either approve or reject it.

In your case, the flights with SAS on August 23rd are not eligible for miles, because the class code is invalid, as specific fares within the Go Light are not valid for accrual. The thing is that the booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles. Thus, the class in which you have booked your ticket may map with a different class, in relation to the miles accrual, which can be not eligible for miles.

Since the requests have been rejected by the operating airline, even after the second re-evaluation, no miles can be granted this time.

Should you have any further questions or need assistance, I will be glad to help.

Best Regards,
I have forwarded them more screenshots and asked them to escalate this with SK, who initially rejected my retro-claim with Aegean on the grounds that my flights had been credited to another mileage programme (which they hadn't), and now seem to be trying to weasel out by using the 'booking class mismatch' excuse... 🤦

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.