Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I've put in a claim by Email and sent the boarding passes so we'll see what happens. There is obviously something wrong with their systems. If the mileage credit is lost between SK and A3, SK might well think the miles were already awarded.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by romans
nice1 I am just curious why I am waiting so long and someone got credited in time
Mine where also waaay past the 7 days
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:02 pm

Here we are folk, the fun is about to end.

T and O in light can not be earned anymore.

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-airlines/#SAS
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Originally Posted by mylabel

That's very sad! One can hope this means there won't be any other changes for the foreseeable future though.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by LiHS
That's very sad! One can hope this means there won't be any other changes for the foreseeable future though.
Yeah let’s hope they don’t go banana and cut more earning, i have 5 bookings with sas in the next few weeks
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by mylabel

Only go light. Honestly, this could be so much worse.

much, MUCH worse.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I agree with all of you.
I really hope that this means we'll be "safe" for some time.
Only eliminating the lowest two booking classes in SAS Go Light (thanks East_and_West, that was a Typo on my side) is still OK, I was afraid it'd go way further than that.

Two family members of mine will be flying long haul next month and I'm hoping that there won't be any more changes till then (the miles will go into the together account).

Last edited by Chiller3333; Sep 29, 2019 at 7:45 am
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:44 pm

Are you all certain this is new? The table, in both Greek and English, states that this is valid since 09/06/2013!
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:00 am

Yes, that's definitely new.
It seems to me that the dates only indicate changes to the earning rates of the booking classes.
Footnotes are added independently.
Earlier this year the sentence about the booking class on the ticket possibly not being the same that's credited was added.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
At least with SAS you can see the booking class at the time of booking so if you need to you can avoid the Go Lite classes. I've just done some sectors on TAP and until they credited the booking class was a complete mystery.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by LiHS
Sad but expected nonetheless. When the earnings on these fares changed to 100 miles (seriously SAS?) on short-haul and 200-240 miles (flat) on long-haul on SK's own Eurobonus, it was a matter of time to change this on other FFPs too...

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Only eliminating the lowest two booking classes in SAS Go is still OK, I was afraid it'd go way further than that.
The two lowest booking classes on SAS Go Light. On SAS Go they seem to be still at 100%. For now at least...
Chiller3333 likes this.

Last edited by East_and_West; Sep 29, 2019 at 3:36 am
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:55 am

Lets be real here, deep discounted tickets earning 100% is still the sweet spot.

Looking at ams-cph-sfo-cph-sfo right now. Go light books in L, thus still earning 100%. 12.000 milles for €450 is still a sweet spot.

And this is coming from me, a student that struggles to pay the bills, flies all leisure and got his gold card for flying ams-ath-bru twice and a sas flight to New York...
romans likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:12 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lhrpete
At least with SAS you can see the booking class at the time of booking so if you need to you can avoid the Go Lite classes. I've just done some sectors on TAP and until they credited the booking class was a complete mystery.
Avoiding GoLight altogether yes, but avoiding specific classes within GoLight may not be so easy.

"The booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles."

Theoretically they can credit any fare as T or O, irrelevant of the actual fare you booked.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Avoiding GoLight altogether yes, but avoiding specific classes within GoLight may not be so easy.

"The booking class indicated on the ticket may not match the class used to count the miles."

Theoretically they can credit any fare as T or O, irrelevant of the actual fare you booked.
Theoretically... yes.

But have your sas milles ever credited differently? Now tap on the other hand...
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
The two lowest booking classes on SAS Go Light. On SAS Go they seem to be still at 100%. For now at least...
Meant to write that but dropped the Light by mistake.
Thanks for pointing it out, I fixed it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.