Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Or are they just gonna change all Go Light fares to X before crediting to partner programs. Many *A airlines have updated their chart to show that Go Light fares earn 0 miles regardless of route/class.
Well, they haven't been very clear on what is going on...which is the worst situation for many as we simply don't know what is going on. I can accept almost any changes as long as I know what my current ticket will earn. At this point, I don't even know what to calculate on. It will be interesting to see if new information comes out in the near future. The critical flight for our family in in October/November as the kids are 4250 miles short of renewing their gold card. Earning 0 would change the math dramatically, but anything between 25-50% could still work. Shame that cannot tell us what Light fares will earn as they clearly have updated the text below the table with something in mind.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
There are so many posts in this thread about something which shows no sign of happening that I'm beginning to think some people are wishing for it....

I would suggest keeping quiet and not giving anyone ideas.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:36 pm

I had a ticket booked from LHR to OSL, SAS go fare, fare basis O that would earn me 748 miles on Aegean miles.
I upgraded the ticket to SAS PLUS, at the confirmation mail the ticket changed to A.
Aegean gave me 1472 miles...(1496 would be the correct, but againthey almost doubled the miles)
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
When was that?
When did you book the ticket, when did you upgrade, and when was the flight?
Sorry for all these questions but it'd just be helpful to know
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:29 pm

No such thing as "correct" miles. My WebFlyer mileage calculator, usually but not always indicating the same amount of miles as the one credited after most (but not all) flights by M+B, indicates 1452 miles for the LHR-OSL flight.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:26 pm

The ticket was booked February
The upgrade was done last week
The flight was on Thursday a couple of days ago.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:28 am

also waiting for my crediting (PRG - ARN - AGP) all segments upgraded to SAS Plus (A). flew last Friday and back on yesterday
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by lhrpete
There are so many posts in this thread about something which shows no sign of happening that I'm beginning to think some people are wishing for it....

I would suggest keeping quiet and not giving anyone ideas.
Correct. Having flown all of SK's marketed classes (GoLight: K,L / Go: K / Plus: A / Biz: J) in the past couple of months I can confirm that there are no changes in the miles credited to M&B.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I flew SAS MUC-CPH-ARN and back 2 weeks ago. Outbound flights in SAS GoLight in U class, return in SAS Plus in B class. Return flights credited to A3 in 5 days but outbound flights did not. I retro-claimed the outbound flight after 8 days only to receive the rejection message that the miles had already been credited to another program. Well, another program never went anywhere near this booking. Is that a known bug with A3?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:11 pm

If a bug, then at SAS: they have to "report" the miles to M+B.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:34 pm

just from my recent (few days ago) case (upgraded SAS Go Light flights to SAS Plus):

Aegean: For these flights, we need to submit an internal request directly to the operating carrier. To do this, it would be really helpful, if you could send us a photo of your boarding pass for all four of these flights. Looking forward to your response...

I did.

Aegean: Thank you. Please check your account in approximately 30 days.

So waiting now.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
So I guess sas is squashing out the a3 upgrades now...
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
My upgraded flights just posted for the full 200% milles. So, all good.
romans likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Yreal
My upgraded flights just posted for the full 200% milles. So, all good.
nice1 I am just curious why I am waiting so long and someone got credited in time
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I flew SAS MUC-CPH-ARN and back 2 weeks ago. Outbound flights in SAS GoLight in U class, return in SAS Plus in B class. Return flights credited to A3 in 5 days but outbound flights did not. I retro-claimed the outbound flight after 8 days only to receive the rejection message that the miles had already been credited to another program. Well, another program never went anywhere near this booking. Is that a known bug with A3?
You're not alone, the same thing just happened to me. I flew TXL-ARN-HEL on August 22/23 in SAS Plus (S), then HEL-ARN-CDG in W on the same day. Two itineraries booked separately through Expedia US. Only the first segment of the first itinerary (TXL-ARN) posted after two days, the remaining three never did. Online retro-claim 8 days later resulted in that same error message, claiming the miles had already been credited to another frequent flyer programme, which is of course complete nonsense. This being a bit of a mileage run I had been very careful to enter my A3 details while booking and re-verifying at check-in, and my A3 status did show on my boarding passes. I even had them printed out at ARN, just in case. And the first segment did post!

I then called A3, and a friendly agent asked me to email her details of my flights including boarding passes, which I did. I called back a few days later and was transferred to the same agent who confirmed that she had received my email. She had got in touch with SAS, but initially received the same information about another programme having been credited, which she confirmed on my behalf could not have been the case as no other FFP details had been provided by me at any point. My claim was then forwarded to SAS through their internal system and she would phone me back as soon as she received any news. This could take up to 30 days. 🙄

Interestingly, I was apprehended and thoroughly interrogated by airport police on arrival at HEL, who seemed to have been expecting me as they stopped checking other passenger's details once they had identified me and whisked me aside. My immediate turnaround from/to ARN on the same plane must have raised some red flags. (Was sent on my way eventually, with an appreciative comment on my 'nice hobby'... &#128514
irishguy28 and romans like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.