Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:07 pm

There are some Star Alliance carriers that have made updates based on the 12/1 SK changes. For carriers that have similar earning structures as A3 for SK flights, the changes seem to be consistent, where Go Light is identified and excluded using the fare basis code. (See Ethiopian). T & O fare classes also move to ineligible for some carriers.

Ethiopian
Effective December 1, 2018 SAS has introduced a deeply discounted economy & light fare called “Go Light”. The key element to differentiate the 2 fares is the GO Light fare basis code ending with GHT. The Go Light fare will be ineligible for mileage accrual for Members travelling on SAS as from departure date Dec 1st 2018.

EgyptAir
  • Booking Classes not eligible to earn miles N-R-X-I-O-T
  • SAS has recently introduced a deeply discounted economy & light fare called "Go Light".
  • The Go Light fare is available on a limited number of routes and basically sold through SK channel only.
  • The Go Light fare will be ineligible for mileage accrual for our members travelling on SAS as from departure date Dec 1st 2018
Aeroplan
Mileage Accumulation Changes
  • Effective for travel December 1st, 2018, booking classes T and O will no longer be eligible for accumulation. For travel until November 30, 2018, earn 50%.
  • SAS Go Light Fares are not eligible for accrual by Aeroplan Members.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:03 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@Tennen, the change was announced a few weeks ago so they had enough time to prepare and implement the changes, as happened with the earning for SQ... Avianca made changes on their earnings shortly after SAS” announcement, other carriers too (I had flights booked in T)
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GBobon
@Tennen, the change was announced a few weeks ago so they had enough time to prepare and implement the changes, as happened with the earning for SQ... Avianca made changes on their earnings shortly after SAS” announcement, other carriers too (I had flights booked in T)
I just hope it’s not a case of a change with no advance notice from A3. I’ve seen UA leave customers hanging in the wind by changing the partner flight mileage earning without notice and then rely upon fine print to stick it to the customers claiming missing mileage relative to what the published charts had indicated at and ever after the flight completion.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:10 am

I dont think they will mass mail every M+B members to let them know that they have new earnings for SAS flights... they will only update the earnings page and thats all...
DELLAS likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
And typically with A3 the change goes I to effect directly. Not nice, but that's the way it normally goes. Same happened e.g. with the Swiss devaluation some time ago.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I think anyone who books the cheap SAS fares should expect the worse. If they get the 100%, then take it as a bonus.

I certainly wouldn't rely on these fares to get me over the requalification threshold in the last few weeks!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Any news from A3 yet? I am holding back of booking on SAS due to the uncertainties...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
Any news from A3 yet? I am holding back of booking on SAS due to the uncertainties...
No news, and no news is good news so far. When it changes, I will be sure to note it.
Jma12 and :D! like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

No news, and no news is good news so far. When it changes, I will be sure to note it.
What I am afraid is the sudden change. We knew A3 changed the earning without prior notice. It makes planning trip ahead problematic...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
What I am afraid is the sudden change. We knew A3 changed the earning without prior notice. It makes planning trip ahead problematic...
UA has done the same too before, even with UA program earnings from the flights of its carnal relationship buddy LH. Unfortunately, there isn’t much in the way of airline guarantees that you’ll earn miles as advertised at the time of flight purchase, especially when it comes to partner airline earnings.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

I had a longhaul in dec 2 and got my 100% miles, heavy discounted fare (ARN-CPH-SFO-CPH-ARN for only 280eur), so at least at the beginning the december the current earnings table for SAS was yet used.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GBobon
I had a longhaul in dec 2 and got my 100% miles, heavy discounted fare (ARN-CPH-SFO-CPH-ARN for only 280eur), so at least at the beginning the december the current earnings table for SAS was yet used.
Cheap class SK flights purchased and flown December 21 and credited to A3 were earning per the usual A3 chart. I saw such flights credit within the past couple of hours. SK K class intra-Scandinavia credited 600 miles to A3 accounts, for example.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: A3*G
My SK flights on Dec 18 and 19 also credited normally (for as long as it lasts).
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ErnstH
My SK flights on Dec 18 and 19 also credited normally (for as long as it lasts).
My assumption is that it’s going to last as long as the contract between SK and A3 remain what it is. At some point it will be up for expiration and/or revision, and then the earnings will change — with or without advance warning — because SK has financial interests at stake given buying partner airline program miles (say A3 miles) costs SK money for those SK flights’ miles credited to partner program customer accounts.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:00 am
Suspended

My assumption is that it’s going to last as long as the contract between SK and A3 remain what it is. At some point it will be up for expiration and/or revision, and then the earnings will change — with or without advance warning — because SK has financial interests at stake given buying partner airline program miles (say A3 miles) costs SK money for those SK flights’ miles credited to partner program customer accounts.
Earning EVA points for SK flights was hit on December 1st of the year, but EVA did update the chart already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.